2003 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: Exceptional Value

2003 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

2003 Ford Ranger

XL Regular Cab Pickup (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed)

Exceptional Value
By Fudge on

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I originally bought this vehicle for a part time job that I had delivering lost airport luggage to passengers. It was perfect for that. Good gas mileage, load carrying capacity, reliable, etc. Since then I've used it as a work truck for construction sites. It has good off road capability. When I moved from a townhouse, I used this vehicle to haul "everything". I do mean everything, sofa's, big screen tvs, tables, beds. I have a five speed that's been good on gas. I've added side step bars, and a cab. This is a very nice looking truck that looks more expensive than it costs. Very happy with it.

The Edge looks like a 4wd and everyone assumes it is. I have a 5 speed and Leer cap for weight on the rear wheels so 4wd is not needed. The truck handles so much better with the extra weight of the cab. The front fascia with the fog lights give a real sporty look. Has an excellent sound system.

Does have wheel hop, suspension just a bit tight in the rear. Should come with a bed liner out of the dealership, since the rear scratches so easily. Original equipment Goodyear Wranglers are terrible for a vehicle of this type. Got rid of them before 15000 miles, and replaced them with All Terrain tires.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review