2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
solid truck
By FORDBYFOUR on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got my ranger in December of 2002, it's a 2003 fx4. Rangers I've had (all new): 1987, 1990, 2000, and now the 2003. The only problem I've had with this truck is the transmission was leaking after about 1200 miles. The dealer replaced a good portion of it, has had no problems since. This is a solid, fun to drive truck. I have yet to do any serious "wheeling" in it, but have been happy with it's handling in deep snow. I'd recommend this truck.

My Tweety Truck
By reinasoleil on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am very happy with this truck so far! It has all the power a truck its size would need. It has a classy look, but will do its work. The ride is quiet and the suspension gives a feel of sturdiness without being rough. The front seats are extremely comfortable. It's pleasing to drive & it makes me smile just looking at it. I think I'm in love!!

First Ford Truck
By IUJunior on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Purchased Ranger based on Price and options. Previously owned Chevy 2WD extended cab pickup. The only current issue is the amount of space in the cab. My S-10 could transport three people easier then the Ranger. My only initial problems were that the door alarm kept coming on because the extended cab doors would not latch tightly enough. Dealership corrected this problem. The heater and air conditioning still gives off a faint odor when being operated. My vehicle currently has 5200 miles

2330 ford ranger
By kd on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

so far so good more truck for less money compared to the toyota tocoma.

Poor Build Quality & Many Design Flaws
By RJ2 on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Can't direct cold air to floor, poor fit & finish (e.g. uneven gaps, underspray behind gas door, around rear door hindges, under hood, engine pings, sick exhaust note, sliding window rattles & ticks (makes me crazy), tach buzzes at specific RPM range, right rear door rattles, turn signal cancelation mechanism is defective on nearly all Fords (prevents operation when wheel is at 10:00 & 2:00 positions, premature cancelation, fights driver), hood prop rod tears up paint on underside of hood when serviced by dealer (needs protective cap), dealer tears up wheels when removing center cab due to poor design.

Great Truck
By Chilly Willy on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Ranger in the last 14 years. They are a great truck for the price. I have had the 2.3, 2.9, and now the 4.0L engines. The 4.0L is by far the most powerful. I love the looks of the truck, both inside and out. I only have 885 miles on it, but if the reliability is anything like the last two, I will be happy. Be sure you you get the 4.0L. Keep an eye on the speedometer, because this truck will fly down the road.

Ranger still #1
By ranger fan on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you are tall like me, the supercab is the way to go. Even with the seats all the way back you still have plenty of room to fit a suitcase or groceries with ease. However, it isn't very comfortable for an adult...Children fit nicely though. The acceleration is very nice! Merging into busy traffic or passing that slow driver in the fast lane isn't as nerve racking as driving in a 4 cylinder would be. Great buy!!!

Nice edge
By fernando on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I don't have 4x4 but I have cross a river and had a lot of fun in the mud. Te ranger edge is a nice truck i would recomended to any one.

Nice edge
By Fernando on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Excellent Truck!
By Ecotec02Cav on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is My second Ranger....Coming from a 86 2wd 4cyl 5 spd to a 03 4x4 4.0l 5sp auto........Very comfortable and powerful!! as it says it is built FORD TUFF....I would reccomend this truck to anyone!