Used 2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Great Truck
By Lindy

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I use this truck for field service and my annual mileage is 40,000 miles. The drivetrain has performed flawlessly.The edge model allows one to see ahead many cars in front. I have a manual trans.

Favorite Features

I love the 4.0 liter V6, more than enough power. Since I mostly drive on the freeway, I can get as high as 22mpg using premium gas and synthetic oil. I have never gotten anything below 20 mpg city/freeway. Very quiet. handling excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Hard to get into the rear seats. Looks like truck was made with cost cutting measures in mind- do not like the quality of the rubber around the windows, passenger side window motor does not work. Speed limiter is 90mph.

Level II - Best Ranger Yet
By That guy in Amarillo

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Between my wife, daughter, and I, we have owned 7 Rangers since 1990. When shopping for a new vehicle, we test drove dozens of new cars with our one and only preference being the vehicle's comfort of ride (seat comfort as well as handling comfort). Only the FX4 Level II had good handling as well as the seat comfort we want for traveling 12-16 hours a day. We continue to shop for new cars (including the new 2004 Level II), but we have not yet found any vehicle that gives as good of performance, handling, dependability, and comfortable seating all in one package.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seating, five speed automatic transmission, handling, perky engine performance, and Ford's always good dependability.

Suggested Improvements

I personally would like to see a 351 V8 made available (a 428 may be overkill on the front suspension!).

Edge Excellent
By mapricejr

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Ranger has long been a fairly reliable truck. The 3.0 liter is spunky and milage is a bit above average. The edge trim is eye catching and keeping up with the changing faces of autos today. I really enjoy my truck.

Favorite Features

Stylish facia, the extra 2" of height.

Suggested Improvements

Larger tires/wheels

Built FORD Tough
By Riverrat34

I have had this truck for a little over a year and I love it. It could be a little bigger but that's not a big deal. The truck rides like a truck should. To many people are soft these days and I am glad to see that ford didn't go soft. The towing cappasity on this truck is outstanding. For the money this truck is the best on the market.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature on this truck has to be the towing cappacity. It will tow up to 5600lbs.

Suggested Improvements

A heaveir duty manual trans.

Will Buy Another
By Will Buy Another

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Have had truck for 10 months & 11,000 miles. Has been 100% trouble free. Be sure to get the 4.0 Liter V6. The extra cost is worth the grin-factor. Considered the Tacoma, but for the same equipment it would have cost about $5K more. The extra cost was not worth the possibly better reliability. Plus with the Ranger I bought a 75K mile extended warranty so what's to worry about. I'm way ahead on $$

Favorite Features

Everything, except I need a bit higher head rests.

Suggested Improvements

I like the 2004 60/40 seats and am trying to buy a pair. Email me if you have any:)