Used 2003 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Great for the price!
By Thomas

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got this truck an 18th birthday gift. I love it. It's small enough to be nimble and easy to handle in tight areas and mountain roads, yet I still sit high enough to see everything. I have the 3.0L V6 5 speed manual. The only thing I've had a problem with so far, at about 62,00 miles, is a bad starter and a problem with the light sensor. I have the premium sound system and it sounds great! The motor has decent power. It can pull its weight around. The ride isn't quite that of a sedan but the suspension does good offroad. I've but it through quite a bit, and it's held up great. Highly recommend it!

Exterior style, premium sound system, agility for a truck, good power to price ratio. Engine has a nice rumble to it at high rpm's.

The usual Ford problems. Problems with the starter and door light sensors. The stock tires are terrible off road and mediocre on road.

Best one so far
By Andrew O

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is now my second Ranger in four years and by far this is is the best one.

The look is both mean and sporty. The 3.0 is nice. Edge package w/ 4wd stance, thumbs up. Power to weight ratio is awesome for a P/U truck. And you can't beat the price.

Can't really think of any. Nothing that any other vehicle in this price range would actually have.

Nice Truck, but no 4WD
By bluebeaucoup

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used last year and have been very happy with it since. Have the flex-fuel 3.0 V6, runs good, but a little short on power. Got the 4 door SuperCab,which is great. Also 6 CD player. Only complaint is no 4WD. Slid around in the snow last winter. Also, runs on ethanol, but I can't get it where I live, so I'm going to upgrade to the 4.0 4WD SuperCab soon. Overall, worth the investment for the money. Great little truck!

4 door SuperCab, 6 CD player.

More room in the jump seat area, or a single rear fold up seat like the Dakota has.

Decent
By Zachattack

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Other than a starter going out I have had absolutely no problems with it. I'd recommend it for a teenager.

the 4WD and the 4.0L V-6

build it better. move the lock button up. I keep hitting it on accedent when i'm trying to get out of the car. And im not a fat person eihter.

Great little truck
By Bob L

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

1st truck I ever owned. Bought to make trips to Home Depot. I love the truck, never had any problems. I've loaded this truck to its limit with mulch and fertilizer and the 4 cylinder engine had plenty of power.

Nice radio, A/C works fine.

Little more room behind the seats in standard cab. Longer service interval, 5,000 miles between oil changes too soon.