Used 2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

like my 2003 Ranger
By cookie

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had a "98 4 cylinder manual Ranger before this. It had 135k on it but decided to purchase another Ranger after test driving other brands. This truck drives tight, very GOOD suspension. Nice engine response. Extended cab & CD player. 15" tires are an improvement MPG is around 20-23. A main reason to buy was that my wife said the seats were comfortable to her back (she is picky) & she could view the road well.

Tight suspension & handling. Engine response. Extended cab. CD player. Secure feeling with improved sound-deadening.

Doors stick a little. Tight fit getting into extended cab area. Seat backs need to be pushed back after sliding whole seat forward.

White Ford Ranger Edge '03
By dduffe

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle has plenty of power (210 hp) and reasonable fuel economy. It rides smoothly like a car down smooth roads. The stiff suspension makes the bumps felt however and if you hit a pot hole, you are reminded that you are in a truck. It has pulled heavy trailers without making a noticeable difference in the acceleration and performance on the interstate highways, even in mountainous terrain. The only thing which has gone wrong with my truck in the 18 months I've had it is the CD player/ radio, which my dealership replaced for free.

Appearance, ride, economy, price, reliability.

Hybrid version should come out, longer bed (7 foot, possibly 8 foot) with extended cab.

Good value...
By Atlanta_Ranger

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Ranger. I had 2000 (4.0L) I leased for 2 years and it had a couple of minor warranty issues. This one has the 3.0L and while not as powerful, it seems to be a more refined engine. I bought it because I get X- Plan plus the other incentives were great. Ended up getting it for $3500 below invoice. That makes it tough to beat. It is a good looking truck and it rides nice. Gas mileage could be better. However, I have had the vehicle at the dealer 5 times for rattles; all came from front-end or suspension problems. It still has rattles and given the fact that I never take the vehicle off paved roads this seems unreasonable.

4-door cab; exterior design; overall features features for the money

Offer it with 4 real doors without having to go up to Explorer SportTrac; improve build quailty; better warranty

You get what you payed for.
By mykl

I do like this truck; it rides well, especially on the highway. One problem is that the rear is so light. It doesn't handle well if the rode is even slightly wet, never mind snow. The 3.0 engine is all right; a bit noisy, and the pick up is just OK. But i never had one single problem with this truck in 18,000+ miles. I would definitely get the 4x4 next time, but I got a great deal on this '03 leftover and couldn't pass it up.

The interior is great. 40/60 bench is very comfortable, and controls are very accessible. I'm 6'3" and find the truck to have excellent head and leg room. a/c and heat. 4 doors. Color (bright red). Chrome package.

The super cab windows should be able to open or pop out. Larger rear view mirror. The cup holder/storage area on the floor could be designed differently and be more useful.

repair problems
By woody

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The truck has to many expensive repair problems. Brakes $950.00, Cluch & slave cylinder $935.00, poor performance engine repair $600. note truck all 3 times was down for 2 to 3 days.