Used 2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Tall, Dark and Strong
By Organicj

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought this truck used to get me around while I finish customizing my 01' Chevy S-10. It is such a nice truck that I am now thinking of customizing it too(just a little). While the Ranger doesn't have the initial pickup that my dime(S-10) does it is strong and can pull way more than my dime ever thought about. I like the Ranger's styling and is very fun to drive. I wish it got a little better gas mileage but you can't have everything. There really is no comparison so I am glad I own both.

V6 engine, clean interior, aluminum driveshaft, bullet-proof chasis

Give me someplace to put a system in or just put in a bench and ditch the jump seats. I will do the rest!

All over again
By Jaydub02

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Ranger. The 4.0 is a huge improvement in power and still gets 20mpg on the highway. I love the 5 speed auto its smooth and quiet. I towed my wifes taurus and had a motorcycle in the bed 350 miles. With the o/d off I still got 13mpg at 65mph on the trip with no problems. 4.0 hauled the 4500+lb payload with aplomb. I am very pleased with my Ranger and would recommend it to anyone who needs a smaller truck.

Limited slip rear axle 238ft-lbs of torque at 3000rpm. Electronic 4WD. And striking good looks inside and out.

V-8 option. Keep building the Ranger

2003 Ranger ratings
By bfunk62

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Ford Ranger! I think the exterior as well as interior design are awesome. It is fun to drive and gets OK gas mileage. I just calculated mine today and I get 16.5 mpg. This is actually really good for a pickup truck. On the other hand, because it's such a small pickup truck, the ride is extremely rough and any pothole or uneven road will throw the truck around. The driver must keep their hands on the wheel at all times because unexpected bumps will send it off the road. I noticed this in two other Rangers that I drove, so I can say that they are rough riding trucks and not just from one experience. Overall I love my ranger and I think it is 10x better looking than Chevy S-10's!

I love the exterior design of my truck and the two tone seats give the interior a not-so-plain look. The gas mileage is unbeatable for a pickup truck.

I did not like the square grille that came stock on my truck, so I bought a stock honeycomb grille. Also the ride is very bumpy and the driver always has to watch the road to avoid big bumps in order to have a semi comfortable ride.

Good Truck
By FelBrown

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just got this truck four months ago. I would say to go with the 4.0L instead of the 3.0L because my least favorite part of my truck is the 3.0L. I came from having a 4.3L and I am used to the power; going to a 3.0L was a little disappointing. Other than that, this is the best truck I have ever owned. It is very dependable and stylish.

1) No carpet on the floors. 2) Flex Fuel system 3) Comfort of the seats 4) Reliability 5) THE EXTERIOR DESIGN.

I would say not to degrade the quality of this truck with a 3.0L. It definitely deserves more power than that. I think people would be willing to pay for that extra power.

My First Truck Ever And I Love It
By Ctrimm

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have the V6 4.0. It has all the horsepower I need with the good gas mileage that we all need.

The 6 disk cd changer, the engine, the look, plenty of head room.

Horrible back seats. I'm a big guy at six foot, 250 pounds, so they will never get used.