2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
CALIF 2003 Ford Ranger Base XL 5 spd
By sfnative1955 on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Vehicle has been a decent set of wheels. Pros - feels solid, full instrumentation (would like numbers on the gauges though), $9800 price after rebates T&L and 30 mpg (60-65 mph). Cons - vinyl seats that are not contoured, middle seat belt can't be hidden when not used, slow acceleration requiring freq downshifts, antenna gets in the way of the wiper when cleaning the windshield and the bed height (depth) is too shallow. Overall, you get a decent truck for light duty use which I had intended. Does have enough power to haul more than a half ton slowly (close to one ton).

Truck
By Big John D on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I hate this truck, it is uncomfortable,unreliable, and it backfires every 5 miles, so i quit driving it.

Great Truck
By emailjwl on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Traded my 2000 Focus this spring for a Ranger. Had heard great reviews on the Focus and had nothing but troubles and recall notices from the start. So much for the "best new car in its class." I needed a truck, but having owned compact cars all my life I didn't want anything too big. I am able to use the Ranger for what I wanted it for; light hauling. It is easy to drive. For a truck it is not an uncomfortale ride. The gas milage has been great (26 mpg). And has already been more reliable than my Focus. The Ranger has been around for many years. It has a good track record. After the Focus fiasco, give me the tried and true.

Great Truck
By J Kelly on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a 5 speed 3.0 V6 and I love this truck! I owned a 91 nissan truck and I thought I would never find a better truck. The ride is very comfortable, the instrument panel and controls are perfect. This is a really fun truck to drive, and I like that the truck sits high, unlike the other truck companies. More truck companies need to learn from Ford and get thier trucks up off of the ground and bring them up a little bit. This truck gives me the power I need when I need it. She has no problems when climbing mountain roads or passing others on the road. I hope I can get 200,000+ miles out this truck like I did with my nissan.

Fun Little Truck
By Robert Moulton on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I like the bold styling of the Edge package, and the quick response of the 5-speed/3.0 6 cyl engine.. The Sonic Blue metallic paint job is a real head turner.. The 6-cd am/fm stereo system has a really clean sound....

2003 ranger edge
By oxmill on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

this is my 3rd ranger. i really like the truck. my first was 1999 xlt, the 2nd a 2001 xlt, and my 3rd is an edge 2wd. my only problem with the vehicles has been with the brakes. my first two rangers had to have the brake rotors turned at 25,000 miles which seemed a little early.

2003 ranger xl. auto + air
By algis matas on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

no problems at all so far, good value for the money for basic transportation + light hauling duties.

Great Truck
By givedamony on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I always wanted a supercab if i bought a truck. I only qualified to buy a single cab truck and i bought the Ford Ranger Single Cab Edge 5spd 3.0 6 cyl. I have had it not even a total of 24 hours and i am in love...

You can't beat a Ranger
By RangerRick on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is my third brand new Ranger... I went to my Ford dealer and decided to jump on the bandwagon with the great incentives... I didn't NEED a new Ranger, but with over $6000 off sticker and low % financing, it was a steal! I got a Reg cab and was surprised that it is ROOMY!! (I am 6'2") Notice on the 2001 - 2003's how there is additional cab space between the door and bed - about 4 inches - just enough to make a reg cab have enought room. With the V6 / stick shift the truck is downright fast!

Great truck!
By nanolazer on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Fun to drive. Sits high. Handles like a sports car. Hauls like a truck. Everything you would need in a vehicle. Comfortable seats, good fuel economy, nice view of the road, great sounding stereo, A/C works good. The EDGE has great ground clearance and looks good with the raised hood and grill.