2003 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: 2003 Ranger: A GREAT LITTLE TR

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Review

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab

2003 Ranger: A GREAT LITTLE TRUCK
By Don Carson on

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have rented these trucks for years and finally bought one in 2003. It is a great vehicle. I use it as a daily driver and to pull a 15' boat. It gets a good workout hauling lumber, trees and furniture. I am six feet & six inches tall and the extended cab gives me great leg room for long trips. The truck cruises comfortably at 75-80 miles an hour and gets about 20 MPG. I have had no problems with this truck. I do my own maintenance & it is easy to change the oil and filter. I just changed the serpentine fan belt and it was a 5 minute job. Ford has been building this truck for years and it is very reliable and comfortable. I highly recommend it. My wife also enjoys driving it.

Fuel efficient and powerful 3.0 engine. Great 5 speed automatic. Love the legroom of the 4 door cab. Good ride for a truck. Good quality control - everything works like it is supposed to. Like the looks of the flare side bed.

I do not like the scratchy fabric on the armrest, but I noticed the '05 and '06 models have much softer armrests. Other than that, I can think of nothing I would change. This is a really good truck that can haul a lot. I even used it to pull up trees after the hurricane.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review