Used 2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

2003 Ranger 2wd Extended cab Edge
By Lucas

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great truck. My last truck was a 1990 Ford Ranger extended cab 2wd, which I drove for 230000 miles with only minor repairs (regular wear and tear). I have been quite pleased with this Ranger as well though I miss the 29 mph highway and 23 city the with the old ranger(average 18 city and 25 hwy with this model). I am glad to see an American built quality truck is still on the road.

manual transmission, extended cab

better fuel economy, forward facing rear seats

03 ranger
By avgtom

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Level II 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 03 Ford Ranger is a compact truck, so do not compare it to a full size or wish it had a crew cab with a 8 foot bed. If these are the things you are looking for then the ranger is not the truck for you as a matter of fact no compact truck is right for you. I am so tired of reading review after review saying the truck is to small, wish it had a V8, wish it had a crew cab, or that it had a larger towing and load capacity. The truck is a great truck for a compact. It does alright on fuel and I have hauled my fair share of loads without any problems. The truck is comfortable if your not 7 ft tall and weigh 400lb.

great little truck for light loads, road trips, 4 wheeling. there is nothing better than to drive your truck to any trail, drive the trail and then drive it home. Great Truck. Do Not Compare To A Full Size.

update the 5 speed manual transmission.

Built Ford Tough!
By DJ

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck in Feb. of 2009 with just over 30,000 miles on it. In the 4 months I have had it i have put 5,000 on it. I love the 4.0 v6 and the 5spd manual transmission it has great up and go. Gas mileage is great for a truck I average 16 in the city and an amazing 20-23mpg. I love the FX4 package and the stepside bed.

Mach sound system, FX4, shift on fly 4x4, completely optioned out,

Nothing really

Great truck
By SteelCandy

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have driven many trucks in all sizes and the 2003 Ranger Supercab XLT is one of the best small trucks I have been in. When I had it in for tires, oil change and inspection, they gave me a loaner truck, a Nissan Frontier. It was a few years newer and had 80,000 less miles on it, but I still thought my old Ranger was so much better that I drove back to the dealer and waited for mine. Only 2 small trucks I have driven have come close to my 2003 Ranger, the 1st was almost as good and was my 94 Ranger. The other was a 2002 S10. None of the import trucks I have been in have been anywhere near as good.

Everything

Only two things I would change about it, about 2 or 3 more inches or room for the back jump seats and the a digital gas gauge that tells you how many gallons of fuel are in the tank.

Great little truck
By rubydist

Now approaching 120,000 miles, and all I've had to do is brakes, clutch, and 2 iac valves for repairs. It has very comfortable cab, seats and controls, with lots of creature comforts. It handles well and rides well - as much like a sporty car as a truck, yet it can haul a good-sized load. I'm getting between 19 and 20 mpg in mixed use driving. The 4-door cab is an excellent feature, making it much easier to get stuff in and out of the back of the cab. Overall, an excellent small pickup.

The driving experience is excellent - not too large, not too small, and handles very well.

It could use an automatic temperature control system, so the driver doesn't have to mess with the temp control. And, of course fuel economy could be better.