2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
My Ranger is the best
By Jnmrb on 05/02/08 22:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got a great deal on my used Ranger 4 years ago and have replaced 4 tires and brakes and wiper blades and that's all. There is no broken trim etc. like you would expect on a 5 year old vehicle. It is very confortable ride for a truck. It get's about 18 mpg city and 22 highway. Not the best but ok for a truck. My teenage boys aren't embarassed to be seen riding in it and even want to drive it. This is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. My mechanic told me to let him know when I'm ready to sell it.

Awesome little truck
By Doug on 02/20/08 14:42 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love driving this truck. I would have liked to have a 5 speed, but circumstances at the time dictated that I take what I could get. My last truck was a F-250 with lock out hubs. I love this truck that all you have to do is turn a switch and you're in 4WD. With the off road package, its a little rough on fuel, but not the worst that I've seen.

Not the best out there but...
By fordguy1212 on 12/16/07 13:17 PM (PST)

These Rangers are great work horse trucks. I've had the bed absolutely loaded with asphalt, concrete, stone etc. and the Ranger handles it well. The 4.0L motor seems good enough for the trucks size, not very peppy though and drinks gas like no tomorrow(comparable to a newer silverado 5.3L). My complaint is the front brakes. They constantly squeal, and have a ridiculous amount of brake dust coming from them. Even on replacement with after market parts the problem has not gone away. I find it to be a serious design flaw. Overall it's a reliable truck that I use often and it seems to be holding up well.

Tall, Dark and Strong
By Organicj on 11/07/07 03:19 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought this truck used to get me around while I finish customizing my 01' Chevy S-10. It is such a nice truck that I am now thinking of customizing it too(just a little). While the Ranger doesn't have the initial pickup that my dime(S-10) does it is strong and can pull way more than my dime ever thought about. I like the Ranger's styling and is very fun to drive. I wish it got a little better gas mileage but you can't have everything. There really is no comparison so I am glad I own both.

All over again
By Jaydub02 on 06/26/07 10:59 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Ranger. The 4.0 is a huge improvement in power and still gets 20mpg on the highway. I love the 5 speed auto its smooth and quiet. I towed my wifes taurus and had a motorcycle in the bed 350 miles. With the o/d off I still got 13mpg at 65mph on the trip with no problems. 4.0 hauled the 4500+lb payload with aplomb. I am very pleased with my Ranger and would recommend it to anyone who needs a smaller truck.

2003 Ranger ratings
By bfunk62 on 05/04/07 14:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Ford Ranger! I think the exterior as well as interior design are awesome. It is fun to drive and gets OK gas mileage. I just calculated mine today and I get 16.5 mpg. This is actually really good for a pickup truck. On the other hand, because it's such a small pickup truck, the ride is extremely rough and any pothole or uneven road will throw the truck around. The driver must keep their hands on the wheel at all times because unexpected bumps will send it off the road. I noticed this in two other Rangers that I drove, so I can say that they are rough riding trucks and not just from one experience. Overall I love my ranger and I think it is 10x better looking than Chevy S-10's!

Good Truck
By FelBrown on 06/30/06 08:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just got this truck four months ago. I would say to go with the 4.0L instead of the 3.0L because my least favorite part of my truck is the 3.0L. I came from having a 4.3L and I am used to the power; going to a 3.0L was a little disappointing. Other than that, this is the best truck I have ever owned. It is very dependable and stylish.

My First Truck Ever And I Love It
By Ctrimm on 06/21/06 19:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have the V6 4.0. It has all the horsepower I need with the good gas mileage that we all need.

Great little big truck
By Sheldon Metler on 04/08/06 20:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My 2003 Ranger Edge is the first Ford I have owned. I have to say it has been a great truck. I have 29,300 miles on it and have no complaints or problems to report. I do take great care of it and it is a garaged vehicle. I have added many extras to give it an added EDGE. It is definitely an eye catcher and I get many compliments on the truck. My only gripe would be the 15 miles to the gallon I get but that is with an added supercharger. It originally got on average 17 to 18 but for an extra 75 horsepower it's worth the extra trips to the pump. I plan on owning this truck till the wheels fall off. I will buy another probably in 2007 but I will always have a special feel for my 2003. GREAT TRUCK!

an ok buy
By zachary on 02/09/06 19:36 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm a Toyota man, but purchased the Ranger whenI was tight on cash. I've had the truck almost three years and have had 2 problems. At 13k, a water hose burst. At 55K the inertia switch shorted out. At 71k engine is still running strong, interior is comfortable, all electrical is functioning properly. My biggest criticism is the brakes. I had the original set replaced around 50k and ever since then they have given me problems. I had three new sets put on between 50k-70k and each worse than the set before. The dealership says they need to be "worn in" but after my extended warranty expired, I've taken my chances and dealt with seems to be a cheap design flaw or careless mechanics