2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Exceptional Value
By Fudge on 11/23/05 00:20 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I originally bought this vehicle for a part time job that I had delivering lost airport luggage to passengers. It was perfect for that. Good gas mileage, load carrying capacity, reliable, etc. Since then I've used it as a work truck for construction sites. It has good off road capability. When I moved from a townhouse, I used this vehicle to haul "everything". I do mean everything, sofa's, big screen tvs, tables, beds. I have a five speed that's been good on gas. I've added side step bars, and a cab. This is a very nice looking truck that looks more expensive than it costs. Very happy with it.

Great for the price!
By Thomas on 11/06/05 23:44 PM (PST)

I got this truck an 18th birthday gift. I love it. It's small enough to be nimble and easy to handle in tight areas and mountain roads, yet I still sit high enough to see everything. I have the 3.0L V6 5 speed manual. The only thing I've had a problem with so far, at about 62,00 miles, is a bad starter and a problem with the light sensor. I have the premium sound system and it sounds great! The motor has decent power. It can pull its weight around. The ride isn't quite that of a sedan but the suspension does good offroad. I've but it through quite a bit, and it's held up great. Highly recommend it!

Best one so far
By Andrew O on 09/05/05 11:07 AM (PDT)

This is now my second Ranger in four years and by far this is is the best one.

Great little truck
By Bob L on 08/02/05 21:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

1st truck I ever owned. Bought to make trips to Home Depot. I love the truck, never had any problems. I've loaded this truck to its limit with mulch and fertilizer and the 4 cylinder engine had plenty of power.

oil leak
By judy on 01/01/05 18:18 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

i have had my truck into the shop 3 times for a leak first they told me there was none then they said it was the rear seal then they told me the oil filter was not tight enough ... for 2 years i dont think so i think it is the oil pan which i will fix myself besides the bad experience with the machanic i like my truck , not sure i would buy from that dealership again

oil leak
By judy on 01/01/05 18:18 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great Truck Overall
By Zach M. on 11/03/04 23:36 PM (PST)

Bought this truck as my first new car. Best compact pickup, overall am very pleased with everything. Opt for a 6 cylinder, cause the 4 has no power and lacks great gas mileage. Paint quality isnt very good either. But am overall pleased with the vehicle is fun to drive and looks great with the XLT Appearance package(chrome grill and wheels). Still too new to tell overall reliability!

I like it!
By uncle fud on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

3.0 liter engine is peppy and coupled with the 4.10 rear end can lead to some surprising performance. Gas mileage hovers around 20 mpg. I am well pleased with the Ranger in all respects.

Safe to wreck!
By ill_iterate on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I was envolved in a bad collision. A lady in a civic tried to cross the street while I was doing 55mph...So? The Civic is gone to automobile heaven, and that truck was fixed and still runs great! Just a small bend in the frame! This truck is stout, but get the 4.0 because my 3.0 is lacking power.

Not bad
By BSmith on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I'm not crazy about my Ranger. The biggest problem I have is that the 3.0 liter engine is underpowered. I would suggest buying the larger engine.