2003 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Don't Buy this Truck
By suckerfish0 on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had a mechanical problem with my truck since the day after I bought it new, and Ford will not take responsibility for the defect. My truck shakes and rattles in idle, so much so that you can see it moving from outside the vehicle. I have had four different dealerships tell me four different reasons for the problem, and ever single one of them refuses to make a repair attempt, even though it is under warranty. I recommend everyone that is thinking of buying a truck to steer clear of a company that will blatantly refuse to take responsibility for a defect that is so obvious.

More than expected
By kayman on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For sub $12K for a base XLT w/2.3 manual ride comfort handling, and performance is better than expected for an economy small truck. Seat comfort is poor with no lumbar, engine very buzzy. Can't imagine paying $20K+ for the high end models.

2002 Edge
By trucker J on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love the look of The Edge. I have the 4x2,Auto trans with V6, 3.73 rear end. The XTRA cab is nice for being able to put the seat back for more legroom , but it is hard for the kids to get in and out of. Gas mileage is about 12 city and 15 highway, not very good. Only have 1500 miles, so I'm hoping it will improve.