Used 2003 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Get more "Value" in your truck.
By Scott1123

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT Value 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Awesome Truck so far. the SOHC 4.0 has great power and towing capacity. Got the "Value" package more for appearance than to save money, as I got mine loaded with options. The only thing I see missing is the carpet and black fender flares which gives the truck cleaner lines and a better look IMHO so you get an XLT with chrome with the Edge interior. So far the truck has been reliable smooth and really fun to drive. 4WD with limited slip 4.10 axle and this thing goes just about anywhere. I also got the 5spd auto wich is an amazing match to the SOHC 4.0 the feel of a solid 5spd manual without the work or hassle.

Looks, Price, Powerful 4.0, has more towing capacity than the 2003 F150 with triton 4.6 V8 I was considering. Check the books, I'm serious! You get FX4 wheels with the Value package.

Illuminated power window and lock switches, Fog lights as an option for Value package.

My Ranger 4.0 S.O.H.C
By cyrus

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My experience has been good so far.I just have a few complaints......It seems to lean to the left (annoying) and I get a vibration on accell,it sometimes feels squirely on the highway,feathers tires way before it should (before 3,000 miles). hopefully the dealer will correct these issues.But,overall I am satisfied with my Ranger "POWERHOUSE".

Some of my favorite features are...the strong 4.0 liter under the hood,the stereo system is awesome for a stock unit,the interior colors are perfect,and probably the coolest....this truck will literaly leave a chevy 4.3 vortec "IN THE DUST" trust me I have done it.

Do something with the suspension,correct the problem that wears tires so fast!

2003 Edge
By mikeforeman

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent truck

It's a little light in the back and sometimes feels like it will slide off the road while going around a curve

Ford has convinced me!
By palmergj

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My last truck was a Dakota and I was looking for one again. I test drove the edge and couldn't get it out of my mind. The Dakota ended up being out of my price range new- and I couldn't see going used if I could afford a new edge (with rebates). My sonic blue Edge is everything my old Dakota wasn't. I've only had it for 4 months but I am really impressed! I am confident of this truck's abilities under any conditions. If it keeps up its relibility for the nest 3-4 years I will no question buy another Ranger!

The styling is awesome. The Chevy s- 10's all look thrown together just to impress- The edge looks good- and is all truck!

I would like to see an 8 cyl model with crew cab in about 3-4 years so I can buy one at that time!

Great Truck
By wnfd

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT Value 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Its a great truck thats meets a variety of peoples needs.

The engine and tranmission are great. A lot of companies make enhancments that bring the V6 alive!

Although in 2004 the style has changed on the inside a little. I feel the entire inside and out needs to happen. Maybe move up to the Dakota size. (Although the 4.0 will kill any 4.7 Magnum)

• SUV