2003 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Great truck!
By nanolazer on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive. Sits high. Handles like a sports car. Hauls like a truck. Everything you would need in a vehicle. Comfortable seats, good fuel economy, nice view of the road, great sounding stereo, A/C works good. The EDGE has great ground clearance and looks good with the raised hood and grill.

No Frills Ford
By James Brown on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Not to satisfied with my first Ford. Hood was way out of aligned when I got it. Got only 400 miles to a tank. I was hoping for at least 420. Sheet Metal is a small gauge. I can feel the hood actually buckle when I wax. Also the paint is poor quality. Interior is outstanding. Seats are comfortable. Lots of cup holders, and the cup holder can hold a coffee mug with a handle. Instrument cluster is laid out in a good way. Do not like rotary headlight control. Engine very weak in 4th gear. If want to pass, cut off your AC, pop it in 3rd, and hope. Step rear bumper too small.

My Tweety Truck
By reinasoleil on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am very happy with this truck so far! It has all the power a truck its size would need. It has a classy look, but will do its work. The ride is quiet and the suspension gives a feel of sturdiness without being rough. The front seats are extremely comfortable. It's pleasing to drive & it makes me smile just looking at it. I think I'm in love!!

First Ford Truck
By IUJunior on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased Ranger based on Price and options. Previously owned Chevy 2WD extended cab pickup. The only current issue is the amount of space in the cab. My S-10 could transport three people easier then the Ranger. My only initial problems were that the door alarm kept coming on because the extended cab doors would not latch tightly enough. Dealership corrected this problem. The heater and air conditioning still gives off a faint odor when being operated. My vehicle currently has 5200 miles

2330 ford ranger
By kd on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

so far so good more truck for less money compared to the toyota tocoma.

Poor Build Quality & Many Design Flaws
By RJ2 on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Can't direct cold air to floor, poor fit & finish (e.g. uneven gaps, underspray behind gas door, around rear door hindges, under hood, engine pings, sick exhaust note, sliding window rattles & ticks (makes me crazy), tach buzzes at specific RPM range, right rear door rattles, turn signal cancelation mechanism is defective on nearly all Fords (prevents operation when wheel is at 10:00 & 2:00 positions, premature cancelation, fights driver), hood prop rod tears up paint on underside of hood when serviced by dealer (needs protective cap), dealer tears up wheels when removing center cab due to poor design.

The best compact truck going
By LarryS on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Ranger, last one was a 02 model. While my 02 model was a lemon in every since of the word my 03 has been fantastic. I average 22 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway, and I am a very lead-footed driver. Overall perofrmance is excellent for a 4 cylinder truck, next to my 96 Accord this is the best vehicle purchase I have made.

Great Truck
By Chilly Willy on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Ranger in the last 14 years. They are a great truck for the price. I have had the 2.3, 2.9, and now the 4.0L engines. The 4.0L is by far the most powerful. I love the looks of the truck, both inside and out. I only have 885 miles on it, but if the reliability is anything like the last two, I will be happy. Be sure you you get the 4.0L. Keep an eye on the speedometer, because this truck will fly down the road.

Ranger still #1
By ranger fan on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you are tall like me, the supercab is the way to go. Even with the seats all the way back you still have plenty of room to fit a suitcase or groceries with ease. However, it isn't very comfortable for an adult...Children fit nicely though. The acceleration is very nice! Merging into busy traffic or passing that slow driver in the fast lane isn't as nerve racking as driving in a 4 cylinder would be. Great buy!!!

Nice edge
By fernando on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I don't have 4x4 but I have cross a river and had a lot of fun in the mud. Te ranger edge is a nice truck i would recomended to any one.