Used 2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

high and low of Ranger
By wyoming

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

A great riding and fun to drive truck with something to be improved on in the design and dash layout.

Comfort and ride

Add a clock that works while radio is on, Supply same size spare tire, Add a locking gas cap,Back windows should be located above bed of truck.

Great truck for the money
By jsm131

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Level II 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

First small pickup I have ever owned. Good performance on the highway and on twisty mountain roads. Have not taken it off-road. Mine is a 5-speed manual. Good shifting, smooth clutch and excellent take-off with the 4.10 rear end. Actually could use a better fifth gear ratio. 5th is a little too close to 4th for long highway driving.

Alcoa rims and BF Goodrich tires. The use of the stainless trim around the shift and x-fer case stalks

better fuel economy and better 5th gear overdrive ratio, turns more than 2500 rpms and 65 mph.

New 2003
By rangerman

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Ranger. I traded in a 1994 with 170,000 miles on it and it was still running strong. I like the 2003 overall. It rides a little rough on bumpy pavement as trucks do. I really like the rear doors. The gas mileage is 22mpg with a 3.55 Limited Slip Differential. I've had it for three weeks and 2700 miles and so far so good.

1. Rear Doors, 4.0l engine,

Other than a smoother ride it's a great truck and I like it.

My first truck
By paradoxdsf

I'm not really a truck person, but I needed a 4-wheel drive vehicle to get me in and out of my driveway (etc.) during the winter months, and the Ranger was the most affordable thing I could find.

Exterior styling.

Fuel economy, seat comfort, and wind noise are problems with this vehicle. I also think the 4.0 liter V-6 could use a bit more pep.

Did I Make the Wrong Choice?
By CraigS

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Since our son will be the primary driver; we got the 3.0 V-6 not the 4.0. The 3.0 runs really rough at idle, took it back to the dealer, they said that is normal. The service manager recommended we go with the 4.0 next time, not what I wanted to hear, since I just bought the truck. So before you buy, make sure the engine has a smooth idle, or you are going to live with it! Other the engine concerns, we like the truck, carries two MX bikes with ease

MP3 player, plastic floor mats are easy to clean

3.0 engine idle, feels like it is missing.