2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
4.0 SOHC ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Harry Tasker on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Level II 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased my second Ford Ranger. I test-drove many different models of ranger from the edge to XLT to the FX4 Level II. The level II was the best buy for the money I paid just under $20400 for it by purchasing online. After reading the other reviews it is pretty obvious that you have to buy the 4.0 Liter SOHC SC engine has more power then you need for a compact truck. The sport bucket seats are far more comfortable then the bench seats.

Yet another Ranger
By Texas driver on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

This is our 7th or so Ranger since 1990. All of our Rangers have given us superb dependability. The Level II is the best yet with very good handling, good power, the extra cab space we wanted, good comfort, and a blast to drive. It has the feel that real sports cars used to. The Level II's handling is noticably better than the regular FX4.

Ranger Edge
By roldham123tx on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This being the first Ford Product that I have purchased, I must say that I am surprised by the quality of the vehicle. The Ranger Edge Plus is certainly far superior to GM's offering. The ride of the truck is somewhat rough, but then again this is no town car. The vehicle is underpowered with the 3.0L V6 and I would definetly recommend the 4.0L V6. Too bad a V8 option was not available as this would truly round out an otherwise wonderful light truck. The truck comes fairly well equipped in the Edge package and the layout of the vehicle is good. The seats need improvement as they are somewhat uncomfortable on trips lasting longer than 2 hours.

Ford Sucks!
By Suckerd 02 on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This 3.0 L engine runs ruff... When you go to buy a truck take a GOOD LONG test drive. It get's worse with more millage! It's not too bad when the engine is brand new! Now it just shakes and dealer(s) say it's NORMAL! Don't buy a ford, Crappy Quality Sadly... Now I got to either dump mine or suffer with it.

Too much money for this truck
By JIm on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Only owned it for 2 Months Had problems with ford and the dealership. Noone wants to take responsibility for the truck. Value dropped by $8,000.00 in two months

Good Price Solid Truck!
By Mr. Stuffy on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice truck...the $3k back from Ford and dealer $ made the truck a great buy. 5 speed works well with the 3.0 l engine. AC and Heat are fast! So far no problems and it was nice that Ford called twice to make sure all is well. Engine layout is logical and easy to access from top and bottom. No wind noice....very strong method of securing the window.

Very Pleased
By rngrownr on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Probably paid a little much for this model but I'm glad I did now. The interior is very nice and pretty much every feature ranger offers comes standard.

New to Ford
By new2ford on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have never owned a Ford Truck before. I have always purchased GM products. I decided to try a Ford and now I must say that I am pleased with my decision. The Ranger Edge Supercab is fun to frive although it is a little sluggish and slightly underpowered. I would definitely recommend the 4.0 L V6 versus the 3.0 L V6 and you might as well forget about the 2.3L 4 Cylinder. The vehicle is much better than anything GM has to offer on its class as far as ride and comfort. I feel that this is probably one of the best light trucks in its class.

Don't Buy this Truck
By suckerfish0 on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had a mechanical problem with my truck since the day after I bought it new, and Ford will not take responsibility for the defect. My truck shakes and rattles in idle, so much so that you can see it moving from outside the vehicle. I have had four different dealerships tell me four different reasons for the problem, and ever single one of them refuses to make a repair attempt, even though it is under warranty. I recommend everyone that is thinking of buying a truck to steer clear of a company that will blatantly refuse to take responsibility for a defect that is so obvious.

2002 Edge
By trucker J on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love the look of The Edge. I have the 4x2,Auto trans with V6, 3.73 rear end. The XTRA cab is nice for being able to put the seat back for more legroom , but it is hard for the kids to get in and out of. Gas mileage is about 12 city and 15 highway, not very good. Only have 1500 miles, so I'm hoping it will improve.