2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
2nd Ranger
By eng21 on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Ranger. I loved my first ranger and kicked myself after I got rid of it. Now, I'm back in the saddle with a new '03 Ranger. Rides nice (for a truck), smooth engine, smooth shifting transmission, decent cabin space. Some things haven't changed hardly at all, like the climate controls are practically the same as my 1991 Ranger. But as long as it's functional, who cares! I've read the 60/40 bench seat is uncomfortable for long trips. It's not a Cadillac. I'm sure the bucket seats are better, but the 60/40 aren't uncomfortable at all.

fx4 II
By russ123 on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Level II 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Beat it up it can take it

I love my FX4
By OBX-FX4 on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second ranger in one year. I chose the FX4 since i really needed the 4wd, and it seemed like a tough truck. As an auto customizer i was looking for a truck to haul engines and to use as a daily driver, and to have a warranty! This truck is great, its perfect as it is as far as ride height and capability. I have done no exterior modifications for the first time on any car, however i did replace the air filter with a high flow and shell out the intake air box. Very happy with the truck.

GREAT TRUCK
By BRUCE H on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

WE SELL 10-15 RANGERS A WEEK AND ALL OF OUR COUSTOMERS LEAVE WITH A SMILE. THIS IS TRULY THE BEST COMPACT TRUCK ON THE ROAD.

Love my Ranger.....
By bterril on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Tremor Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my 2nd Ranger just recently and I have to say that I love it more then the first. I love the way that my Ranger handles. It is a very smooth ride compared to previous. Since I have bought it I have been driving anywhere I can. The interior is a big improvement from my last Ranger. I love the fact that there is no carpet in the Tremor Ranger. Very easy to clean up. The only real complaint I have with it is that the Tremor comes with the 3.0L flex fuel V6. There is some power but not like the 4.0 . For those of you that are into music and have to have a thumping stereo, I would defenitly recommend this truck for you.

Alright Value
By Blake Rickels on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I think they are alright for the money. It doesnt do anything great but it does do it. It will get you there and back. If your looking for a great all around truck I wouldnt choose it as the one.

Mostly happy, but want 3.0 Liter not 4.0
By Bluesideup on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm generally pleased. Gas mileage with the 4 liter is 16.5 to 17.5. Having come from a Toyota 4WD, I'm used to 22mpg, and would have prefered the 3 liter engine. Unfortunately, Ford stopped offering the 3 liter in 4WD. No problems in 8 months, but the heater/AC still smells. Ford's bedliner needs rework on the rear slots for 2x6 partitions. The rear ones are completely enclosed by siderails and stiffener ribs. If the 2x6 is short enough to clear the ribs, it will also fall out. Changing the oil filter is a pain. Bucket seats are great. Upgraded stereo better than expected. No recirc option on the heat/AC. 2002 model.

Edge
By Edge Ranger on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best truck I have ever owned, it looks, rides, and sounds great. The 4.0 has allot of power and has been very helpful. I bought this truck in may 2001 and have not had any problems with it. I recomend this truck to who ever is thinking of buying a small size pick up.

Great Trucks (20000
By brabber on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

This is my third ranger. And I have only had one little problem with a oil pressure sensor (with 62000 miles). The trucks are solid and never seem to have problems. I have driven thousands of rough miles in Baja Mexico and not had any problems, which is a very good thing when I am in the middle of no where. I have read complaints about dealers fixing problems but I haven't had to take any of mine in.

Ranger 4X4 SuperCab 4-Door FX4-Level II
By TruckLarry on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Outstanding initial build quality. Tight, perfect paint, no sqeaks or Rattles. Everything screwed together very well. Cabin layout is near perfect and well designed. Switchgear is tactile and solid. 4.0L V6 has plenty of power and torque. BFG All Terrain KO 10.5X31X15's are superb in the snow. Torsen limited slip is a definite improvement over a standard Limited Slip in the snow. Above tires, wheels and rear are specific to the FX4- Level II package. I have the 5 speed Automatic, which was not listed as an option here on the review site.