Used 2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

My Ranger FX4
By lruff

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My Ranger is comfortable and fun to drive. I get 20 miles to the gal. of gas on the hiway and around 16 to 17 in town.

the performance is better than I expected. The interior layout is good. I especially like the doors to the bak space as both sides open and far enough that access is easy.

outstanding small truck
By rogahunt

I am very pleased with all aspects of this vehicle. Nice looking and strong. Gas mileage could be better.

I don't know
By Peterpan

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I think that this model of thee Ford Ranger is a very good and smooth driving minipickup truck.

The sunroof.The extended cab.

NONE

First Extended Cab I've Owned
By Jim Frederick

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I needed more interior space so purchased the Ranger extended cab. The 3.0 L V6 has plenty of power. Auto transmission shifts smoothly. I'm surprised at 2,400 RPM when cruising @ 65 MPH on the highway. Thought it would be closer to 2,000. Wish seat could fold fwd. enough to access behind seat space without having whole seat slide fwd. Should be a good truck overall. I do miss my F-150.

Comfortable and supportive cloth seats. Good visibility every direction. Transmission shifts very smoothly.

I wish I had behind seat access without the whole seat sliding forward. Would also prefer differential ratio for lower cruise RPM. Recommend get differential lock.

2003 Ranger XLT Value Package
By kassonk

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

4.0L, 5-spd. Auto. Trans, A/C, 4WD. Coming off 2 excellent Toyota trucks, the Ford is WAY more truck for the money. Build quality is equal to that of Toyota and performance, ride, and ruggedness surpasses Toyota. Long-term quality is the only question, but Consumer Reports rates the Ranger equal to the Tacoma. Love this truck. Price, performance, quality, ride - everything. Did switch truck over to synthetic fluids @750 miles (Amsoil).

Quiet ride, power, smooth transmission, on-the-fly 4WD, excellent A/C (better than Toyota). Gas mileage is better than manufacturer specs.

Inside & outside overall looks (Toyota's better style), but you cannot have everything. Jump seats in the back as part of standard package.