2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Great Truck
By Ryan on 09/10/09 20:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Level II 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Ranger brand new off the lot with 11 miles on it. I'm now up to 62,000 and have only changed fluids and am on my 2nd set of tires. No issues or problems to speak of. I would say the only thing Ford did wrong with this truck is the transmission. It's jerky, clunky, clumsy, and at times feels/sounds like it's going to fall out...yet it hasn't failed yet. The cab is perfect for 2 people, yet the jumper seats in the back work for 2 more on short distances. The bed is just the right size and with the two package, it can pull more than it looks. Off road it feels at home and on the road it drives wonderfully. I love my Ranger!

love my truck
By sparkeyjr on 08/05/09 20:21 PM (PDT)

5sp. which apparently is rare in this configuration. came with a shell. I live in CA where we instantly lose 3+ mpg once we enter the state so I average around 15. Out of state I get around 20. A little stiff for fun off roading. I use it to pull trees and brush out of canyons and generally drag stuff around. I also use it as a sports car and commuter car. For an all around vehicle for someone who does a little of everything this is it. Tight suspension and steering with the BFGs make it scream around corners in the mountains of so cal. Good turning radius and truck width. Great towing rig! The front tow hooks are perfect and get used a lot. My favorite truck!

03 ranger
By avgtom on 07/19/09 15:48 PM (PDT)

The 03 Ford Ranger is a compact truck, so do not compare it to a full size or wish it had a crew cab with a 8 foot bed. If these are the things you are looking for then the ranger is not the truck for you as a matter of fact no compact truck is right for you. I am so tired of reading review after review saying the truck is to small, wish it had a V8, wish it had a crew cab, or that it had a larger towing and load capacity. The truck is a great truck for a compact. It does alright on fuel and I have hauled my fair share of loads without any problems. The truck is comfortable if your not 7 ft tall and weigh 400lb.

Great truck for the money
By jsm131 on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

First small pickup I have ever owned. Good performance on the highway and on twisty mountain roads. Have not taken it off-road. Mine is a 5-speed manual. Good shifting, smooth clutch and excellent take-off with the 4.10 rear end. Actually could use a better fifth gear ratio. 5th is a little too close to 4th for long highway driving.

FX4 level II Ranger-Top of it's class!
By Mike Wright on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I bought my FX4 level II Ranger back in January of 2003. I have 13,000 miles on it so far and it still drives like the day I bought it. I love this truck so much I can't stay out of it. the power is right there with the 5-speed automatic transmission and the 4:10 gears. My truck also has bucket seats and the ride is just right. This one of the best Rangers ford has ever made!

Nice Rig!
By JPeterman on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I was looking at the Toyota Tundra 4x4 when I came across this truck online in Ford's inventory close to my house. I found that Toyota was a "little too proud" of what they had to offer (read: too much money). When I first saw this silver beast I knew I was in for a good time. It had all the options I wanted in a vehicle (power windows, power door locks, keyless entry, limited slip diff., etc.) and for good measure it had the very cool split tonneau cover! Very nice drive, even on a long trip from Portland to Salt Lake City.

FX4 Level II
By Russ M on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Just bought the truck about a week ago and love it, nice power, mine came with the 4.10 gear ratio so gas mileage isn't the best, but does it take off when the gas is pressed!!!!! This is the first vehicle I have bought new and with the 0.0% for 72 months who can pass that up?

Broke at 300 miles
By mschneid on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

It seems like a neet truck to drive but I would know because the tranny is broke at 308 miles. Hopefully I didn't make a major mistake by buying this vehicle.

Level II in VA
By ADIRUBBIO on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Awesome for any outdoor activity known to man. Aftermarket accsessories easier to find and cheaper than that of import trucks. The motor is very strong for a V-6. Tranny is smooth. Revs at about 2700 rpm at 75 mph. Great for gas mileage concerns. Gas mileage is about 250 miles a tank for about $18.00 bucks. That is average DC area traffic. Highway gets around 275-285 a tank.

fx4 II
By russ123 on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Beat it up it can take it