2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Issues with my 2003 Ford Edge Ranger
By venisonman on 08/03/11 19:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Flairside Edge Ranger in 2003 and it has turned 251,479 miles. I am the original owner. Issues I have had are, idler pulley had to be replaced twice during the warranty period. 6pk CD player quit working after 5yrs. Pass window window began working intermittenly 6yrs ago, seems to be related to the temperature outside, works when cold out and not when hot. Ball joints needed replacing this year. Electric mirrors quit working 4yrs ago. Just this week after an increasingly worsening rough idle condition it was determined that compression is begining to fail and I need some head work. Instead of valve work I have opted for a new long block. I love my Edge Ranger.

Good Truck
By FelBrown on 06/30/06 08:55 AM (PDT)

I just got this truck four months ago. I would say to go with the 4.0L instead of the 3.0L because my least favorite part of my truck is the 3.0L. I came from having a 4.3L and I am used to the power; going to a 3.0L was a little disappointing. Other than that, this is the best truck I have ever owned. It is very dependable and stylish.

Nice Truck, but no 4WD
By bluebeaucoup on 09/05/05 09:13 AM (PDT)

I purchased this vehicle used last year and have been very happy with it since. Have the flex-fuel 3.0 V6, runs good, but a little short on power. Got the 4 door SuperCab,which is great. Also 6 CD player. Only complaint is no 4WD. Slid around in the snow last winter. Also, runs on ethanol, but I can't get it where I live, so I'm going to upgrade to the 4.0 4WD SuperCab soon. Overall, worth the investment for the money. Great little truck!

I don't know
By Peterpan on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I think that this model of thee Ford Ranger is a very good and smooth driving minipickup truck.

Did I Make the Wrong Choice?
By CraigS on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Since our son will be the primary driver; we got the 3.0 V-6 not the 4.0. The 3.0 runs really rough at idle, took it back to the dealer, they said that is normal. The service manager recommended we go with the 4.0 next time, not what I wanted to hear, since I just bought the truck. So before you buy, make sure the engine has a smooth idle, or you are going to live with it! Other the engine concerns, we like the truck, carries two MX bikes with ease

Edge
By laddy on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Owned 2002 Edge 4door before this one. This time I purchased the extended cab without the 4 doors. Huge mistake! I highly recommend the 4 door when purchasing the extended cab.

BEST COMPACT TRUCK
By REIDA WESTON on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I'V ONLY HAD MY RANGER EDGE FOR ONE MONTH AND I AM SO IMPRESSED WITH IT I KNOW I MADE THE RIGHT DECISION ON PURCHASING THIS TRUCK. ITS FUN TO DRIVE AND EVERYWHERE I GO PEOPLE STARE AT IT. THE EXTERIOR IS SO GOOD LOOKING I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S A COMPACT TRUCK. I HAD AN EXPLORER BEFORE THIS AND I THOUGHT IT WAS THE BEST VEHICLE I'VE EVER OWNED. IT HELPED ME TO DECIDE TO PURCHASE ANOTHER FORD. I BOUGHT GM FOR 30 YEARS AND THE LAST THREE WAS NOT IMPRESSIVE. THE ONLY PART I AM "NOT HAPPY" WITH IS THE GAS MILEAGE. MY EXPLORER GOT 21-22 MILES PER GALLON AND THIS SMALL TRUCK GETS ONLY 15-19. I HAVE THE FUEL FLEX 3.0 V6.

A good truck at a good price!!
By trs on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have had this truck for 3 weeks now,and I am loving it more and more everyday!! The truck handles wonderfully, and is easy to drive. The handling of this truck is much like that of a car's. But has full capacity of a truck. The accelleration is quick, and the 5- speed automatic transmission shifts smoothly. And the a\c is ice cold!! Last, but not least, I love the mp3 stereo system. You can burn hours of music on one disc.

Alright Value
By Blake Rickels on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I think they are alright for the money. It doesnt do anything great but it does do it. It will get you there and back. If your looking for a great all around truck I wouldnt choose it as the one.

Ranger Edge
By roldham123tx on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

This being the first Ford Product that I have purchased, I must say that I am surprised by the quality of the vehicle. The Ranger Edge Plus is certainly far superior to GM's offering. The ride of the truck is somewhat rough, but then again this is no town car. The vehicle is underpowered with the 3.0L V6 and I would definetly recommend the 4.0L V6. Too bad a V8 option was not available as this would truly round out an otherwise wonderful light truck. The truck comes fairly well equipped in the Edge package and the layout of the vehicle is good. The seats need improvement as they are somewhat uncomfortable on trips lasting longer than 2 hours.