Used 2003 Ford Ranger Edge SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

2003 Ranger 2wd Extended cab Edge
By Lucas

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great truck. My last truck was a 1990 Ford Ranger extended cab 2wd, which I drove for 230000 miles with only minor repairs (regular wear and tear). I have been quite pleased with this Ranger as well though I miss the 29 mph highway and 23 city the with the old ranger(average 18 city and 25 hwy with this model). I am glad to see an American built quality truck is still on the road.

manual transmission, extended cab

better fuel economy, forward facing rear seats

Tall, Dark and Strong
By Organicj

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought this truck used to get me around while I finish customizing my 01' Chevy S-10. It is such a nice truck that I am now thinking of customizing it too(just a little). While the Ranger doesn't have the initial pickup that my dime(S-10) does it is strong and can pull way more than my dime ever thought about. I like the Ranger's styling and is very fun to drive. I wish it got a little better gas mileage but you can't have everything. There really is no comparison so I am glad I own both.

V6 engine, clean interior, aluminum driveshaft, bullet-proof chasis

Give me someplace to put a system in or just put in a bench and ditch the jump seats. I will do the rest!

My First Truck Ever And I Love It
By Ctrimm

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have the V6 4.0. It has all the horsepower I need with the good gas mileage that we all need.

The 6 disk cd changer, the engine, the look, plenty of head room.

Horrible back seats. I'm a big guy at six foot, 250 pounds, so they will never get used.

Great little big truck
By Sheldon Metler

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My 2003 Ranger Edge is the first Ford I have owned. I have to say it has been a great truck. I have 29,300 miles on it and have no complaints or problems to report. I do take great care of it and it is a garaged vehicle. I have added many extras to give it an added EDGE. It is definitely an eye catcher and I get many compliments on the truck. My only gripe would be the 15 miles to the gallon I get but that is with an added supercharger. It originally got on average 17 to 18 but for an extra 75 horsepower it's worth the extra trips to the pump. I plan on owning this truck till the wheels fall off. I will buy another probably in 2007 but I will always have a special feel for my 2003. GREAT TRUCK!

Great looks, especially the hood. Comfort, feels like a larger truck on the road. Great dash configuration, simple but functional.

A V-8 model for 2007!

Like this truck
By X-Style

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had the truck two years so far. No problems. It's an everyday driver, minimal issues "mysterious knock when in reverse". Everyone likes the looks and I like to drive it. Very comfy inside. I am a big guy and have no problems. I have even slept in the truck a couple of times, but don't try to climb behind the seats. My only regret with this truck is that i did not buy the 4x4. I would not use the 4x4 much, but it is nice to have when you need it. This truck in much bigger than the old Rangers. You sit high, nice clearance, good handling, great acceleration, but you do feel pot holes and speed bump. If you buy this truck you will like it.

Looks good, drives nice, pretty comfy, good sound system, no problems.

Take that darn spring out of the seat adjuster. Make the extended cab easier to get into.

• SUV