2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
2003 Ranger 2wd Extended cab Edge
By Lucas on 07/31/09 14:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great truck. My last truck was a 1990 Ford Ranger extended cab 2wd, which I drove for 230000 miles with only minor repairs (regular wear and tear). I have been quite pleased with this Ranger as well though I miss the 29 mph highway and 23 city the with the old ranger(average 18 city and 25 hwy with this model). I am glad to see an American built quality truck is still on the road.

Tall, Dark and Strong
By Organicj on 11/07/07 03:19 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought this truck used to get me around while I finish customizing my 01' Chevy S-10. It is such a nice truck that I am now thinking of customizing it too(just a little). While the Ranger doesn't have the initial pickup that my dime(S-10) does it is strong and can pull way more than my dime ever thought about. I like the Ranger's styling and is very fun to drive. I wish it got a little better gas mileage but you can't have everything. There really is no comparison so I am glad I own both.

My First Truck Ever And I Love It
By Ctrimm on 06/21/06 19:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have the V6 4.0. It has all the horsepower I need with the good gas mileage that we all need.

Great little big truck
By Sheldon Metler on 04/08/06 20:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My 2003 Ranger Edge is the first Ford I have owned. I have to say it has been a great truck. I have 29,300 miles on it and have no complaints or problems to report. I do take great care of it and it is a garaged vehicle. I have added many extras to give it an added EDGE. It is definitely an eye catcher and I get many compliments on the truck. My only gripe would be the 15 miles to the gallon I get but that is with an added supercharger. It originally got on average 17 to 18 but for an extra 75 horsepower it's worth the extra trips to the pump. I plan on owning this truck till the wheels fall off. I will buy another probably in 2007 but I will always have a special feel for my 2003. GREAT TRUCK!

Like this truck
By X-Style on 07/18/05 03:13 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had the truck two years so far. No problems. It's an everyday driver, minimal issues "mysterious knock when in reverse". Everyone likes the looks and I like to drive it. Very comfy inside. I am a big guy and have no problems. I have even slept in the truck a couple of times, but don't try to climb behind the seats. My only regret with this truck is that i did not buy the 4x4. I would not use the 4x4 much, but it is nice to have when you need it. This truck in much bigger than the old Rangers. You sit high, nice clearance, good handling, great acceleration, but you do feel pot holes and speed bump. If you buy this truck you will like it.

White Ford Ranger Edge '03
By dduffe on 04/01/05 13:24 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle has plenty of power (210 hp) and reasonable fuel economy. It rides smoothly like a car down smooth roads. The stiff suspension makes the bumps felt however and if you hit a pot hole, you are reminded that you are in a truck. It has pulled heavy trailers without making a noticeable difference in the acceleration and performance on the interstate highways, even in mountainous terrain. The only thing which has gone wrong with my truck in the 18 months I've had it is the CD player/ radio, which my dealership replaced for free.

Great Truck
By Lindy on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I use this truck for field service and my annual mileage is 40,000 miles. The drivetrain has performed flawlessly.The edge model allows one to see ahead many cars in front. I have a manual trans.

Edge Excellent
By mapricejr on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Ranger has long been a fairly reliable truck. The 3.0 liter is spunky and milage is a bit above average. The edge trim is eye catching and keeping up with the changing faces of autos today. I really enjoy my truck.

Will Buy Another
By Will Buy Another on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Have had truck for 10 months & 11,000 miles. Has been 100% trouble free. Be sure to get the 4.0 Liter V6. The extra cost is worth the grin-factor. Considered the Tacoma, but for the same equipment it would have cost about $5K more. The extra cost was not worth the possibly better reliability. Plus with the Ranger I bought a 75K mile extended warranty so what's to worry about. I'm way ahead on $$

Second Ranger
By phylypso on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Edge is a very precise handling truck, due in large measure to its suspension I suppose. Don't move the steering wheel unless you want the truck to change direction. In trade for that precision handling, you sacrifice ride comfort. It is a rough ride, and the seat quality leaves a lot to be desired, but then again, this is a sport truck. At 20000 the idler pulley went, and the windshield is typical Ranger in that anything harder than treesap will chip, crack or break the glass. The fog lights are not simply a coolness thing. They work well. Easy in and out, except the jumpseats, and easy to clean interior.