2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
2003 Ranger ratings
By bfunk62 on 05/04/07 14:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Ford Ranger! I think the exterior as well as interior design are awesome. It is fun to drive and gets OK gas mileage. I just calculated mine today and I get 16.5 mpg. This is actually really good for a pickup truck. On the other hand, because it's such a small pickup truck, the ride is extremely rough and any pothole or uneven road will throw the truck around. The driver must keep their hands on the wheel at all times because unexpected bumps will send it off the road. I noticed this in two other Rangers that I drove, so I can say that they are rough riding trucks and not just from one experience. Overall I love my ranger and I think it is 10x better looking than Chevy S-10's!

2003 ranger
By sawml on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Vibration, while driving, back to dealer several time to have repaired, they blamed continental tires, but would not replace with other brand. At least 12 different tire put on vehicle. Damaaged at dealers occured twice, requiring sheetmetal and paint work. Now with 12000 miles the transmission has to be rebuilt. Will not buy any other Ford products. This is the sixth ranger I have owned and the last.

First Extended Cab I've Owned
By Jim Frederick on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I needed more interior space so purchased the Ranger extended cab. The 3.0 L V6 has plenty of power. Auto transmission shifts smoothly. I'm surprised at 2,400 RPM when cruising @ 65 MPH on the highway. Thought it would be closer to 2,000. Wish seat could fold fwd. enough to access behind seat space without having whole seat slide fwd. Should be a good truck overall. I do miss my F-150.

Bang For the Buck
By Christopher Dunham on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the third Ranger I have had and they just keep getting better. Good performance,comfortable and fun styling. I have NOT had one problem with any of the Rangers to date. They are solid and reliable. I have compared them to other trucks, for ex: Toyata Tacoma and the quality in craftmanship and the solidness of the vehicle is superior to that of the Tacoma which was really tinny sounding. To date I have not come across a truck in its class that can truly give you more bang for the buck.

Ford Sucks!
By Suckerd 02 on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This 3.0 L engine runs ruff... When you go to buy a truck take a GOOD LONG test drive. It get's worse with more millage! It's not too bad when the engine is brand new! Now it just shakes and dealer(s) say it's NORMAL! Don't buy a ford, Crappy Quality Sadly... Now I got to either dump mine or suffer with it.