2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Amazing truck!!!
By duropro on 07/17/12 17:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am on my second Ranger now. 2003 Ford Ranger Edge 4.0L V6 manual. my old one was a 2003 Ford Ranger XLT Automatic with a 3.0L V6. Neither of them have ever have any problems. I would recommend a Ranger to anyone unsure of what small size pick up they should get. Alot of room in the cab, a good bit of room in the bed. Engine and Tranny on these trucks will last forever. I know some to get over 600K miles. I will always drive my Ranger anywhere and trust it to go wherever I want it to. Completely worth the money. Maintain these trucks and drive them for many many years to come, without ever taking them to the shop.

great ford quality like always
By rtstang98 on 02/09/12 15:42 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

i have had my (2003 ford ranger fx4 off road package 4.0) since 2005 and havent had 1 problem out of it yet ive towed with it had it offroad alot ive put this little truck threw it all and had never let me down once it has 104,000 miles on it now and counting all ive had to do to it is change the oil and transmission fluid regularly and just now put the second set of tires on it and changed the brakes and still runs and drives like new the transmission still shifts smooth its been a great little truck

Issues with my 2003 Ford Edge Ranger
By venisonman on 08/03/11 19:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Flairside Edge Ranger in 2003 and it has turned 251,479 miles. I am the original owner. Issues I have had are, idler pulley had to be replaced twice during the warranty period. 6pk CD player quit working after 5yrs. Pass window window began working intermittenly 6yrs ago, seems to be related to the temperature outside, works when cold out and not when hot. Ball joints needed replacing this year. Electric mirrors quit working 4yrs ago. Just this week after an increasingly worsening rough idle condition it was determined that compression is begining to fail and I need some head work. Instead of valve work I have opted for a new long block. I love my Edge Ranger.

Great Truck
By Ryan on 09/10/09 20:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Level II 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Ranger brand new off the lot with 11 miles on it. I'm now up to 62,000 and have only changed fluids and am on my 2nd set of tires. No issues or problems to speak of. I would say the only thing Ford did wrong with this truck is the transmission. It's jerky, clunky, clumsy, and at times feels/sounds like it's going to fall out...yet it hasn't failed yet. The cab is perfect for 2 people, yet the jumper seats in the back work for 2 more on short distances. The bed is just the right size and with the two package, it can pull more than it looks. Off road it feels at home and on the road it drives wonderfully. I love my Ranger!

love my truck
By sparkeyjr on 08/05/09 20:21 PM (PDT)

5sp. which apparently is rare in this configuration. came with a shell. I live in CA where we instantly lose 3+ mpg once we enter the state so I average around 15. Out of state I get around 20. A little stiff for fun off roading. I use it to pull trees and brush out of canyons and generally drag stuff around. I also use it as a sports car and commuter car. For an all around vehicle for someone who does a little of everything this is it. Tight suspension and steering with the BFGs make it scream around corners in the mountains of so cal. Good turning radius and truck width. Great towing rig! The front tow hooks are perfect and get used a lot. My favorite truck!

2003 Ranger 2wd Extended cab Edge
By Lucas on 07/31/09 14:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great truck. My last truck was a 1990 Ford Ranger extended cab 2wd, which I drove for 230000 miles with only minor repairs (regular wear and tear). I have been quite pleased with this Ranger as well though I miss the 29 mph highway and 23 city the with the old ranger(average 18 city and 25 hwy with this model). I am glad to see an American built quality truck is still on the road.

03 ranger
By avgtom on 07/19/09 15:48 PM (PDT)

The 03 Ford Ranger is a compact truck, so do not compare it to a full size or wish it had a crew cab with a 8 foot bed. If these are the things you are looking for then the ranger is not the truck for you as a matter of fact no compact truck is right for you. I am so tired of reading review after review saying the truck is to small, wish it had a V8, wish it had a crew cab, or that it had a larger towing and load capacity. The truck is a great truck for a compact. It does alright on fuel and I have hauled my fair share of loads without any problems. The truck is comfortable if your not 7 ft tall and weigh 400lb.

Built Ford Tough!
By DJ on 06/17/09 16:56 PM (PDT)

I bought this truck in Feb. of 2009 with just over 30,000 miles on it. In the 4 months I have had it i have put 5,000 on it. I love the 4.0 v6 and the 5spd manual transmission it has great up and go. Gas mileage is great for a truck I average 16 in the city and an amazing 20-23mpg. I love the FX4 package and the stepside bed.

Great truck
By SteelCandy on 01/25/09 09:46 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have driven many trucks in all sizes and the 2003 Ranger Supercab XLT is one of the best small trucks I have been in. When I had it in for tires, oil change and inspection, they gave me a loaner truck, a Nissan Frontier. It was a few years newer and had 80,000 less miles on it, but I still thought my old Ranger was so much better that I drove back to the dealer and waited for mine. Only 2 small trucks I have driven have come close to my 2003 Ranger, the 1st was almost as good and was my 94 Ranger. The other was a 2002 S10. None of the import trucks I have been in have been anywhere near as good.

Great little truck
By rubydist on 08/20/08 21:04 PM (PDT)

Now approaching 120,000 miles, and all I've had to do is brakes, clutch, and 2 iac valves for repairs. It has very comfortable cab, seats and controls, with lots of creature comforts. It handles well and rides well - as much like a sporty car as a truck, yet it can haul a good-sized load. I'm getting between 19 and 20 mpg in mixed use driving. The 4-door cab is an excellent feature, making it much easier to get stuff in and out of the back of the cab. Overall, an excellent small pickup.