2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
All i can ask for
By mrfixit1993 on 07/22/12 17:26 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got this truck for my 18th birthday/ graduation gift. i love it i drove a 95 s10 for a year befor loved the s10 but the ranger has more power. the only thing i miss is towing we have 2 seadoos together they are about 2300 lbs full of gas the truck pulles them good but not fun going up the boat ramp. only thing i wish is that is was the x cab im 5.10 and my head hits the roof and the seat rubs the back window. 5 speed trans could shift better. i get about 21mpgs doing 80 no ac with ac i get like 18 i miss the 20 gallon tank the s10 had. i have put mine through hell and just keeps going change the oil every 3500 miles only problem i had is the thermostat ($150) other then that fine.

Great little truck
By Bob L on 08/02/05 21:24 PM (PDT)

1st truck I ever owned. Bought to make trips to Home Depot. I love the truck, never had any problems. I've loaded this truck to its limit with mulch and fertilizer and the 4 cylinder engine had plenty of power.

Great Truck Overall
By Zach M. on 11/03/04 23:36 PM (PST)

Bought this truck as my first new car. Best compact pickup, overall am very pleased with everything. Opt for a 6 cylinder, cause the 4 has no power and lacks great gas mileage. Paint quality isnt very good either. But am overall pleased with the vehicle is fun to drive and looks great with the XLT Appearance package(chrome grill and wheels). Still too new to tell overall reliability!

Safe to wreck!
By ill_iterate on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I was envolved in a bad collision. A lady in a civic tried to cross the street while I was doing 55mph...So? The Civic is gone to automobile heaven, and that truck was fixed and still runs great! Just a small bend in the frame! This truck is stout, but get the 4.0 because my 3.0 is lacking power.

mine , not yours
By winner308 on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

i bought this truck for one reason...look at how many are still on the road. enough said !

BEST DEAL 4 THE$$$$
By peter 914-736-1300 on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

A great basic truck with so much more. I needed a truck for light hauling, after looking at the compition it was a no brainer. The xlt ranger with 4 wheel abs (ebd), cd player, ac, center consol with 3 cupholders, mats, chrome wheels, and much much more, cost around 10900. The 5 speed is responsive and the 15 inch tires look great. If you need a truck see me at curry ford I buy and drive what I sell.

No Frills Ford
By James Brown on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Not to satisfied with my first Ford. Hood was way out of aligned when I got it. Got only 400 miles to a tank. I was hoping for at least 420. Sheet Metal is a small gauge. I can feel the hood actually buckle when I wax. Also the paint is poor quality. Interior is outstanding. Seats are comfortable. Lots of cup holders, and the cup holder can hold a coffee mug with a handle. Instrument cluster is laid out in a good way. Do not like rotary headlight control. Engine very weak in 4th gear. If want to pass, cut off your AC, pop it in 3rd, and hope. Step rear bumper too small.

Best in class
By ESommers on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Best possible compact pickup. Out classes all other small trucks.

More than expected
By kayman on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

For sub $12K for a base XLT w/2.3 manual ride comfort handling, and performance is better than expected for an economy small truck. Seat comfort is poor with no lumbar, engine very buzzy. Can't imagine paying $20K+ for the high end models.