2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
I love it
By jeff 1 on 07/15/08 07:54 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned an S10, a Dakota, and a Ranger. The Ranger is by far the best I have owned. Other than oil changes I have just bought 2 sets of wiper blades. This is a great fun truck. It looks great, is great on the highway. I will deffinetly get another one. I love driving on the highway to college with this. Drives real easy. Manual transmission shifts real easy and is geared well

My Little Beast!
By fatjoe2003 on 06/21/08 20:04 PM (PDT)

I bought this truck in March of '03, and I ordered the Edge package! I own a landscaping company. I always get better mileage than my friends in their Chevrolet Colorados, and my Ranger can pull more. This truck averages 21mpg on the freeway at 75mph and loaded with the o/d off, it gets 17mpg at 65mph. The 3.0L is a fantastic engine, and has a lot more pep than I suspected. I love my truck, and I love the fact that without the extended cab how easy it is to park and turn around. If you are long legged the super cab is a must! I am short so it doesn't bother me. I would definitely get the Edge package again, as I love sitting up higher in the air, and the ground clearance. I love my truck!

Good Starter Car
By Adam on 12/29/05 15:22 PM (PST)

Great for a light/work truck. Never any mechanical problems in first 60K miles. CD changer went out in first 20K. Some dash instruments cheaply assembled, e.g. knobs broke off/snapped. Fuel economy was not as efficient as expected. Poor for V6.

Exceptional Value
By Fudge on 11/23/05 00:20 AM (PST)

I originally bought this vehicle for a part time job that I had delivering lost airport luggage to passengers. It was perfect for that. Good gas mileage, load carrying capacity, reliable, etc. Since then I've used it as a work truck for construction sites. It has good off road capability. When I moved from a townhouse, I used this vehicle to haul "everything". I do mean everything, sofa's, big screen tvs, tables, beds. I have a five speed that's been good on gas. I've added side step bars, and a cab. This is a very nice looking truck that looks more expensive than it costs. Very happy with it.

Great for the price!
By Thomas on 11/06/05 23:44 PM (PST)

I got this truck an 18th birthday gift. I love it. It's small enough to be nimble and easy to handle in tight areas and mountain roads, yet I still sit high enough to see everything. I have the 3.0L V6 5 speed manual. The only thing I've had a problem with so far, at about 62,00 miles, is a bad starter and a problem with the light sensor. I have the premium sound system and it sounds great! The motor has decent power. It can pull its weight around. The ride isn't quite that of a sedan but the suspension does good offroad. I've but it through quite a bit, and it's held up great. Highly recommend it!

Best one so far
By Andrew O on 09/05/05 11:07 AM (PDT)

This is now my second Ranger in four years and by far this is is the best one.

I like it!
By uncle fud on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

3.0 liter engine is peppy and coupled with the 4.10 rear end can lead to some surprising performance. Gas mileage hovers around 20 mpg. I am well pleased with the Ranger in all respects.

Not bad
By BSmith on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I'm not crazy about my Ranger. The biggest problem I have is that the 3.0 liter engine is underpowered. I would suggest buying the larger engine.

fun but rough
By Kelhoon on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this truck!!!

Ford has convinced me!
By palmergj on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

My last truck was a Dakota and I was looking for one again. I test drove the edge and couldn't get it out of my mind. The Dakota ended up being out of my price range new- and I couldn't see going used if I could afford a new edge (with rebates). My sonic blue Edge is everything my old Dakota wasn't. I've only had it for 4 months but I am really impressed! I am confident of this truck's abilities under any conditions. If it keeps up its relibility for the nest 3-4 years I will no question buy another Ranger!