2003 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
great ford quality like always
By rtstang98 on 02/09/12 15:42 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

i have had my (2003 ford ranger fx4 off road package 4.0) since 2005 and havent had 1 problem out of it yet ive towed with it had it offroad alot ive put this little truck threw it all and had never let me down once it has 104,000 miles on it now and counting all ive had to do to it is change the oil and transmission fluid regularly and just now put the second set of tires on it and changed the brakes and still runs and drives like new the transmission still shifts smooth its been a great little truck

Built Ford Tough!
By DJ on 06/17/09 16:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck in Feb. of 2009 with just over 30,000 miles on it. In the 4 months I have had it i have put 5,000 on it. I love the 4.0 v6 and the 5spd manual transmission it has great up and go. Gas mileage is great for a truck I average 16 in the city and an amazing 20-23mpg. I love the FX4 package and the stepside bed.

Great little truck
By rubydist on 08/20/08 21:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Now approaching 120,000 miles, and all I've had to do is brakes, clutch, and 2 iac valves for repairs. It has very comfortable cab, seats and controls, with lots of creature comforts. It handles well and rides well - as much like a sporty car as a truck, yet it can haul a good-sized load. I'm getting between 19 and 20 mpg in mixed use driving. The 4-door cab is an excellent feature, making it much easier to get stuff in and out of the back of the cab. Overall, an excellent small pickup.

All over again
By Jaydub02 on 06/26/07 10:59 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Ranger. The 4.0 is a huge improvement in power and still gets 20mpg on the highway. I love the 5 speed auto its smooth and quiet. I towed my wifes taurus and had a motorcycle in the bed 350 miles. With the o/d off I still got 13mpg at 65mph on the trip with no problems. 4.0 hauled the 4500+lb payload with aplomb. I am very pleased with my Ranger and would recommend it to anyone who needs a smaller truck.

Decent
By Zachattack on 08/11/05 23:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Other than a starter going out I have had absolutely no problems with it. I'd recommend it for a teenager.

Level II - Best Ranger Yet
By That guy in Amarillo on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Between my wife, daughter, and I, we have owned 7 Rangers since 1990. When shopping for a new vehicle, we test drove dozens of new cars with our one and only preference being the vehicle's comfort of ride (seat comfort as well as handling comfort). Only the FX4 Level II had good handling as well as the seat comfort we want for traveling 12-16 hours a day. We continue to shop for new cars (including the new 2004 Level II), but we have not yet found any vehicle that gives as good of performance, handling, dependability, and comfortable seating all in one package.

Built FORD Tough
By Riverrat34 on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this truck for a little over a year and I love it. It could be a little bigger but that's not a big deal. The truck rides like a truck should. To many people are soft these days and I am glad to see that ford didn't go soft. The towing cappasity on this truck is outstanding. For the money this truck is the best on the market.

My Ranger FX4
By lruff on 12/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My Ranger is comfortable and fun to drive. I get 20 miles to the gal. of gas on the hiway and around 16 to 17 in town.

outstanding small truck
By rogahunt on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with all aspects of this vehicle. Nice looking and strong. Gas mileage could be better.

high and low of Ranger
By wyoming on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

A great riding and fun to drive truck with something to be improved on in the design and dash layout.