You should look again at a Ford Ranger
By Ranger Satisfied on
2002 Ford Ranger XL 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
My 2002 Ford Ranger (2.3 L, I-4, Supercab) has been 100% reliable. The only repairs that I have had to perform is the normal, routine maintenance. I have never had a more reliable vehicle. I am especially happy with the gas mileage (28 mpg on average). I purchased my Ford Ranger new after driving all the competitive small trucks. My Ford Ranger is definitely a no frills truck, but I am happy with the quality of it. I would highly recommend the Ford Ranger for being a responsible purchase, and I feel I got the most for my money when I bought it. I have read all the trade magazine reports how Ford Rangers are out-of-date and obsolete, but my truck has been 100% reliable. No complaints.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage is the No. 1 feature that I like most about my 2002 Ford Ranger. When I drive straight out highway driving, I have gotten over 32 mpg. On average between city and highway driving, I have always gotten between 27 mpg to 28.5 mpg. The air conditioner works great.
Suggested Improvements
If I have any negative comment to report, it would be the trade-in value of my Ford Ranger. It is dismal. I don't understand why Ford Rangers have such low trade in values, because it is a quality built truck. I wish my Ford Ranger had hinges on the extended cab so it would provide easier access.