2002 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: You should look again at a For

2002 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

XLT SuperCab (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed)

You should look again at a Ford Ranger
By Ranger Satisfied on

2002 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My 2002 Ford Ranger (2.3 L, I-4, Supercab) has been 100% reliable. The only repairs that I have had to perform is the normal, routine maintenance. I have never had a more reliable vehicle. I am especially happy with the gas mileage (28 mpg on average). I purchased my Ford Ranger new after driving all the competitive small trucks. My Ford Ranger is definitely a no frills truck, but I am happy with the quality of it. I would highly recommend the Ford Ranger for being a responsible purchase, and I feel I got the most for my money when I bought it. I have read all the trade magazine reports how Ford Rangers are out-of-date and obsolete, but my truck has been 100% reliable. No complaints.

Gas mileage is the No. 1 feature that I like most about my 2002 Ford Ranger. When I drive straight out highway driving, I have gotten over 32 mpg. On average between city and highway driving, I have always gotten between 27 mpg to 28.5 mpg. The air conditioner works great.

If I have any negative comment to report, it would be the trade-in value of my Ford Ranger. It is dismal. I don't understand why Ford Rangers have such low trade in values, because it is a quality built truck. I wish my Ford Ranger had hinges on the extended cab so it would provide easier access.