2002 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: My Ranger is no more

2002 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

XLT SuperCab (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed)

My Ranger is no more
By heeler on

2002 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This was my second Ranger. My first was a 1992 single cab XLT with a then 100 h.p. weak 2.3 engine with a 5 speed manual. Very good truck for what it was. Bought my 02 at the end of the model year and paid 14,000 before tax for a loaded supercab. Very reliable truck that in it's life only needed front brakes at 73k,two serpentine belts,two batteries,and finally at 92k the power steering pump started leaking and was replaced. Oh yea and at 65k one of the rear turn signal bulbs burned out. Usually would get 18-19 mpg's going to and from work and 21 mpg with the cruise set on 77 mph. The 3.0 liter engine coupled with the 5 speed auto is great. Last week I totaled her. So sad.

Price along with features such as a great stereo/cd,cruise, power windows, locks, fuel economy, and super reliability. What more can you ask for?

Make cab space behind the front seats easier to load objects into. Bring back the fuel efficient 3.0 liter v-6! The 4.0 drinks way too much gas for city driving.