2002 Ford Ranger 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Great value, no frills truck

2002 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

Edge SuperCab (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed)

Great value, no frills truck
By bRIAN on

2002 Ford Ranger Edge 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck in 2002 for a short distance commuter vehicle. I was looking for an inexpensive truck and the Ranger Edge fit the bill nicely. The truck has had no problems so far, is comfortable, reasonably powerful, and performs light duty hauling nicely. The interior is functional and makes no attempt toward luxury. It's a truck through and through. The A/C and heater perform very well, the transmission shifts smoothly, and the hydraulic clutch is like butter. The brakes are also very good, never showing signs of fading or warping rotors like many others do. After I replaced the stock tires with Michelins, the ride improved greatly as well. Overall, I am extremely pleased.

Favorite Features

Rubber floor covering. Hydraulic clutch. ABS. Sliding rear window. Center console.

Suggested Improvements

Improve engine management system for better driveability. Feels like less than 207 HP. If the 4.6l V8 fits in the Explorer, it will also fit in the Ranger. Better tires.