2002 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: Good, reliable truck

2002 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

XLT SuperCab (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed)

Good, reliable truck
By 2002 Ranger Owner on

2002 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Ford Ranger SuperCab (4- cylinder with a manual transmission) new in 2002. It has been 100% reliable with no problems ever. I am extremely pleased with its reliability, quality of Ford workmanship, and most of all the gas mileage performance. Before I purchased my Ranger, I test drove the Chevy S-10, Nissan Frontier, and Toyota Tacoma. I decided on the Ford Ranger because of its price and the cab size seemed to me to be larger than the other trucks. It is a great truck, fun to drive, and it has been 100% reliable. Preventative maintenance is easy.

The gas mileage and reliability has been the most pleasing feature of my 2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab. I have always gotten 26 mpg in city driving and 32 mpg highway driving. During these times of high gas prices, filling up the gas tank is not such an excruciating experience.

The trade-in value on Ford Rangers are disapointing. I wish I had purchased my Ford Ranger SuperCab with an automatic transmission and cruise control. I really don't have any negative comments to say about my Ford Ranger. It is a great, little truck.