2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
My Ranger
By goatgrl on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge 4dr SuperCab 4WD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great truck! I had wanted a Ranger for a long time, and it is everything I hoped it would be. It is super comfortable to drive, and extremely reliable. I have 20000 miles on mine now, and it still runs as smoothly and quietly as the day I brought it home. I have hauled goats, hay, gone camping, and gone hot-air balloon chasing with it(through fields/woods/creeks). Everyone comments on what a sharp-looking truck it is also. If only I didn't have to "feed" it so much!

I am Pleased
By The Edge on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Before purchasing, I compared all US built trucks, and based on style, price, available features and reliability, the Ranger by far out weighed the Dakota and Chevy ZR2. I am very pleased with my purchase, I drove it from CA to WI and it handled great on the road and going through mountains. Excellent comfort and plenty of room in the cab. Handles very smooth, and good turning radius. The bedliner and Cover were great extras, as the cover locks the tail gate, of which is not an option on the Ranger. The 4.0 provides plenty of zip and power.

Good Truck
By Freeman on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drove my Ranger from Denver To Alaska with no problem,it's comfortable with good handeling on the road, and no problems yet on the trails.

Ford Ranger Edge 4x4
By DeaPee on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge 4dr SuperCab 4WD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 93 Ranger, then a 2001 Dodge Dakota previously, all of which were 4wd. This new-style ranger is definately tough-looking, fun to drive, and reliable (which was my biggest reason to buy). I have the 3.0 liter motor, which has adequate power for me. Also, these rangers look so much tougher than them s-10's. I dont know why anyone buys one of them.

love it
By AbyssmalPlain on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge Plus 4dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

i bought my ranger in late august. i got it with about $2,100 in options (hard bed cover w/ bed liner, 4.10 rear diff., sport seats, running boards, power everything). its awesome. im always at the beach with it i love it. i would highly recommend it to someone

Ranger Edge plus 4.0 4x4
By Mark Palmer on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge Plus 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Ranger Edge plus 4x4 is my first new vehicle in ten years. I was attracted by its looks, features, and price. Thus far I am very happy with just about everything on this truck. It is a good value and financing through Ford was 0%. I have not been back to the dealer with any troubles yet and it seems to be built quite solidly.

view from a teen
By Me\ on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Tremor 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

only 2 regrets should of bought a 4x4 even though the 2x4 gets around just fine with sand bags. second regret is caused by ford, ford put a speed limiter on the 3.ol motor limiting the speed to about 92mph. not a problem for most but then again i am a teen and would like the needel to reach that 120mph mark which i know it is capable of doing at 92mph the truck runs smoother than ever, the ride is quiet and the truck is not even winded.

Its a beauty
By Avcat on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Ranger FX4 is black with black interior. It gets many compliments plus turns more than a few heads. This Ranger is eguiped with a manual transmission and I especially like the manual transfer case. The shifters are chrome with brushed chrome molding around their base. The 4.0L could still use at least 40 additional HP tho, especially with the larger tires. I love this truck. Wouldn't change a thing...

Ford Tuff
By Metro on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

First new truck I have ever owned. I have to say I am very happy with it. The seats could be better, with more lumbar support, the turn signal needs adjusting. The gas mileage is as stated on the sticker at 16-19 mpg. No rattles or squeaks. Very quiet with plenty of power. I live in the Sierra foothills and drives beautiful on the road, highway or on off-road,and pulls my yard trailer, loaded nicely. I have the 3.0, automatic with 4.10 limited slip. I paid 17,300. Plan on having it for many care free years. Its very tight all around. I appericate how far the industry has come.

The Little Truck That Could
By kevy002 on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge Plus 4dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck a month ago and use it everyday for work. I put a box cover on it and store all my eqipment and parts back there. The 4 doors help a huge amount when trying to get to things in the back of the cab. My first new truck, and it rocks!