2002 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Great Buy
By Awsome Truck on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I got this truck used for $7400 because of some hail damage. It had only 27,000 miles. The first day I had it it leaked oil. Off it went to the ford dealer cause it still had warranty. After that I have had no problems. I have the 2.3L I4 with the automatic. It is not fast but it handles awesome and the brakes are great. This is my first vehicle.

GZ
By GZ on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger Edge 2dr Regular Cab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very good small truck - and a really cool look. Sooo many people tell me how much they like my truck. Looks like a 4 W drive, fun to own

I like my Edge
By Dougie Fresh on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger Edge 4dr SuperCab 4WD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

When I purchased this vehicle, I compared it to the Chevy S-10 and Dodge Dakota, and based on price, features, perfromance and over all appearance, the Edge package had everything I wanted in a truck. On the interior, everything is easy to reach and well marked. The carpetless interior also makes clean up very easy when the weather outside is messy. The four doors makes it very easy to get stuff in and out of extended cab. I've driven it cross country through the mountains, and it's as comfortable as any car I've owned. The 4.0 has a lot of get up and go!

Third Ranger
By Softie on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Three with no problems.Got 75000 out of the brake pads on #2 Ford has been building this truck for so long that it is bulletproof. Still not bad to look at and very reliable

I LOVE this truck!
By 49ersfan on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck can tow a 21ft boat without any problems. It is excellent in the snow without additional weight in the bed. It's a great ride and I'm always looking for an excuse to be out in it.

I love my Ranger!
By Bud02Ranger on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I rolled my 02 XLT 4x4 4.0L after only owning it a year. This truck save me from incurring any harm whatsoever. And, the strong structure of the cab held itself so that I was able to repair the truck. Since then, I've customized the truck with a lift, 35" tires, custom paint, etc. I love this truck! She's a keeper!!!!

Basic Ford Ranger
By Shawn1985 on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger Edge 2dr Regular Cab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Decent Vehicle, but have problem with vibrating in the wheels/steering wheel.

Ford Ranger Edge Ext Cab SC
By Ben Parker on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger Edge 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Ford Ranger Edge is the best looking truck on the market, in my opinion. It is very fun to drive. It is a very fuel efficent truck and also I really like the looks of the truck it looks more manly then anything else it is compared with. The Edge is also a head turner. The Truck over all I give an 8.0.

Great Truck
By HowieAdams on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger Tremor 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Tremor for over a year and have been very happy. It drives very aggressive, which previous Rangers did not. I have the 3liter v-6. With the cool styling and the drive and I would def. recommend. I have had it in the shop a couple of times for very minor stuff.

another ford success
By douglasH on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

overall great truck. Mechanically, no problems. Twice in shop for window leak. However, ford fixed immediately at no charge. Truck has handled rugged extremes i have subjected it to. Looks wonderful with bigger off-road tires. Gas milege is excellent.