2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Unhappy
By Icarusavid on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge Plus 4dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck in Oct 2002 as I needed the extended cab. I also have a Chevy S10 reg. cab and realized it was not roomy enough for traveling. Quite frankly I wanted another Chevy but there were none to be found. I liked the looks of the Ranger Edge and how it sits up higher, but soon found out it was not all I thought it would be. The 3.0 V6 engine just doesn't seem peppy enough especially on the highway. The engine is noisy and the steering isn't as responsive as I'm used to.

You can't beat a good Ford truck
By Hitman & Speedy on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Ranger, and nothing beats a good Ford truck. The 3.0 V6 is no powerhouse, but it has ample power to get the job done. I had a custom flowmaster dual exhaust installed on her and she sounds AWESOME. Comfort level and room beats the Toyota and Chevy by a huge margin. Sure both of them trucks are nice, but no where near the level of a Ford. I average 18 MPG and have had NO PROBLEMS to date...7,100 miles in four months of ownership!

As Expected High Quality from Ford
By DZS on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck everything I've come to expect from ford, gives me the things I bought it for. Dependability - look to drive this truck many years beyond payoff,

Ford Ranger 4 dr FX 4-wheel drive
By Joe Price on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

A few minor problems during first few months. Front end alignment was not properly set and factory and caused tire wear and road noise. Dealer fixed and put 2 new tires on front.

2002 Ranger Edge 4x4 4 door
By Mr. Dirt on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge 4dr SuperCab 4WD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Fun to drive,great power,gets lots of comments on how cool it looks. no problems as of yet. This is my 3rd Ranger. Its a keeper

2002 ranger edge 4.0 5Manual 2wd
By hoopty24 on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge 2dr SuperCab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 94 2wd with 4.0 and manual tranny. Bought a 2002 equipped the same way except with the sohc engine. The new edge has great looks and power once you the rpms are above 1500. The fuel economy is a little disappointing compared to the 94, but I only have 2600 miles on it. I like the interior with the rubber flooring and the 4x4 ride height is nice. This ranger has several improvments over the previous generation.

2ND TIME 4 RANGER
By DFWBIGBOI on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge 2dr SuperCab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Ranger after I saw a incentive of $3500 from Ford. I also used my XPlan. Great Price. This is my second Ranger. I had 134,000 on my '93 when I sold it in '98. No major problems with it. I figured since the SuperCrew was out of my price range as Ranger fit the bill. Good choice. Power, style, and handling are suprises. I am still fretting over getting a Expedition now (major$$$$$$) but the Ranger serves its purpose.

tough to beat
By proreel on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If the salesman wasn't with me i would have taken it straight to the mud. It looks like its begging for it. i bought it the same day and try as i might, i could not get it stuck. By, the way the C.D. player sounded great the whole time. When i woke up in the morning, i found that my wife had taken it to work.(instant fight)

Ranger Still My Favorite
By Ed Jennings on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT Appearance 4dr SuperCab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Ranger, the first being a '93 with the 4.0 engine. Since it gave good service, I got the '02, and I'm not sorry. The extra 47 ponies use a little more fuel but are well worth it. The handleing and ride are a big improvement over my old one.

Great Truck
By Picking Consumer on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge Plus 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the 4WD Edge for over a year. Love the body styling and haul a 2500 lb. boat with no problems. It is nice on slippery ramps to never worry about pulling the boat out of the water. I know the boat weight is way under the capability of the truck but it my previous truck was very much under powered. Not with this truck.