2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Great little work horse
By jleg on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

No major recals or significant shop time on this little truck. The dealerships have been night and day from my chevy. I trade keys for the rental after I describe the problem and that's that. No arguments about weather it's covered or not. I get a call when it's fixed and that is that. Ford dealerships are great. I have yet to come across one in the detroit area that is bad. I have not had the same experience with Chevrolet dealers.

ok truck
By madriver on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Was beginning to notice problems at 43,000 miles with front end noises. Did full brake job on front-end at 37,000(rotors and everything - $400!). Terrible fuel economy 14-15 mpg seeing that my new 4Runner gets 25-26 mpg. Decent truck and fun to drive but go with a toyota

I like my Edge
By Dougie Fresh on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge 4dr SuperCab 4WD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

When I purchased this vehicle, I compared it to the Chevy S-10 and Dodge Dakota, and based on price, features, perfromance and over all appearance, the Edge package had everything I wanted in a truck. On the interior, everything is easy to reach and well marked. The carpetless interior also makes clean up very easy when the weather outside is messy. The four doors makes it very easy to get stuff in and out of extended cab. I've driven it cross country through the mountains, and it's as comfortable as any car I've owned. The 4.0 has a lot of get up and go!

Third Ranger
By Softie on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Three with no problems.Got 75000 out of the brake pads on #2 Ford has been building this truck for so long that it is bulletproof. Still not bad to look at and very reliable

I LOVE this truck!
By 49ersfan on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck can tow a 21ft boat without any problems. It is excellent in the snow without additional weight in the bed. It's a great ride and I'm always looking for an excuse to be out in it.

I love my Ranger!
By Bud02Ranger on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I rolled my 02 XLT 4x4 4.0L after only owning it a year. This truck save me from incurring any harm whatsoever. And, the strong structure of the cab held itself so that I was able to repair the truck. Since then, I've customized the truck with a lift, 35" tires, custom paint, etc. I love this truck! She's a keeper!!!!

Ford Ranger Edge Ext Cab SC
By Ben Parker on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Ford Ranger Edge is the best looking truck on the market, in my opinion. It is very fun to drive. It is a very fuel efficent truck and also I really like the looks of the truck it looks more manly then anything else it is compared with. The Edge is also a head turner. The Truck over all I give an 8.0.

Great Truck
By HowieAdams on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Tremor 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Tremor for over a year and have been very happy. It drives very aggressive, which previous Rangers did not. I have the 3liter v-6. With the cool styling and the drive and I would def. recommend. I have had it in the shop a couple of times for very minor stuff.

doing it
By black truck on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great little big truck, The body style is very nice makes for a sharp truck. The extra room is very nice.Very easy to drive and the bench seat is what a truck should have. The 3.0 does not have the getty up I like but to come and go its perfect. Milage on the open road was 23 mpg at 60 mph in town not sure. Highth of his truck is nice.

Off-Road Ranger Rules
By John on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Ranger is white w/gery interior. I bought this truck in Carlsbad, CA and have taken it to Vegas, Whistler, back to Carlsbad and now to Seattle. I love everything about it...from the rugged looks to the spacious interior (I am 6' 3'' and have plenty of room). I wanted a Toyota, but I will never doubt again.