2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
2002 Ranger 4x2 Supercab 3.0
By Mongo on 04/07/05 15:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this with 3,000 miles on it, now has 41,000 miles. Except oil and filter changes I've had to do no repairs. Bought a Ford Extended warranty - may have wasted $800.00 on it. Has a manual transmission which shifts effortlessly. Only thing I wish I had was a tilt steering wheel as I'm 6'4" and sometimes my knee knocks the turn signal on.

Love this truck
By love this truck on 03/17/05 14:48 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had 2 Rangers. Over 8 years have had 1 problem with the O2 sensors that cost about $200 dollars and have been places that 4 wheel drive had problems going. This is a good truck.

Great Truck
By LTrNr050 on 12/04/04 10:02 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Not ever a problem! Great truck to drive. I pull my boat and my four wheeler all the time without even knowing it's back there. You get the same use of the Ranger as you would with a F-150 but with better gas mileage.

I love my Ranger
By sohc2001 on 03/07/02 13:15 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle gets used as a primary work/play vehicle, as well as Fire Dept. response. I have the 4.0 for peformance reasons, it runs great.

Bang for the buck
By Jeff H on 03/01/02 08:32 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Good crash test scores and and a good Consumer Report rating was the incentive to buy. Only problem has been "check fuel cap" light that came on and needed a new sensor. Ford has aggressive pricing and makes this truck a good deal. A comparable Toyota would be 50% more.

3rd one in seven years
By BOBB on 02/26/02 22:20 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Good,solid transportation. Not the most stylish, but very dependable. The 4.0L is greatly improved The supercab might allow for an overnight bag or tackle box,anything more and I use the Expedition. Excellent value - never pay more than invoice!