2002 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Fun to drive
By Minimalist on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the basic model. The only extra is an AC. It is fun to drive. I love it. Easy handling and good gas milage (almost 27).

2002 ranger edge 4.0 5Manual 2wd
By hoopty24 on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger Edge 2dr SuperCab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 94 2wd with 4.0 and manual tranny. Bought a 2002 equipped the same way except with the sohc engine. The new edge has great looks and power once you the rpms are above 1500. The fuel economy is a little disappointing compared to the 94, but I only have 2600 miles on it. I like the interior with the rubber flooring and the 4x4 ride height is nice. This ranger has several improvments over the previous generation.

2ND TIME 4 RANGER
By DFWBIGBOI on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger Edge 2dr SuperCab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Ranger after I saw a incentive of $3500 from Ford. I also used my XPlan. Great Price. This is my second Ranger. I had 134,000 on my '93 when I sold it in '98. No major problems with it. I figured since the SuperCrew was out of my price range as Ranger fit the bill. Good choice. Power, style, and handling are suprises. I am still fretting over getting a Expedition now (major$$$$$$) but the Ranger serves its purpose.

tough to beat
By proreel on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If the salesman wasn't with me i would have taken it straight to the mud. It looks like its begging for it. i bought it the same day and try as i might, i could not get it stuck. By, the way the C.D. player sounded great the whole time. When i woke up in the morning, i found that my wife had taken it to work.(instant fight)

Ranger Still My Favorite
By Ed Jennings on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger XLT Appearance 4dr SuperCab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Ranger, the first being a '93 with the 4.0 engine. Since it gave good service, I got the '02, and I'm not sorry. The extra 47 ponies use a little more fuel but are well worth it. The handleing and ride are a big improvement over my old one.

Great Truck
By Picking Consumer on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger Edge Plus 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the 4WD Edge for over a year. Love the body styling and haul a 2500 lb. boat with no problems. It is nice on slippery ramps to never worry about pulling the boat out of the water. I know the boat weight is way under the capability of the truck but it my previous truck was very much under powered. Not with this truck.

My Ranger
By goatgrl on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger Edge 4dr SuperCab 4WD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great truck! I had wanted a Ranger for a long time, and it is everything I hoped it would be. It is super comfortable to drive, and extremely reliable. I have 20000 miles on mine now, and it still runs as smoothly and quietly as the day I brought it home. I have hauled goats, hay, gone camping, and gone hot-air balloon chasing with it(through fields/woods/creeks). Everyone comments on what a sharp-looking truck it is also. If only I didn't have to "feed" it so much!

I am Pleased
By The Edge on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger Edge 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Before purchasing, I compared all US built trucks, and based on style, price, available features and reliability, the Ranger by far out weighed the Dakota and Chevy ZR2. I am very pleased with my purchase, I drove it from CA to WI and it handled great on the road and going through mountains. Excellent comfort and plenty of room in the cab. Handles very smooth, and good turning radius. The bedliner and Cover were great extras, as the cover locks the tail gate, of which is not an option on the Ranger. The 4.0 provides plenty of zip and power.

Still buying Rangers
By texasdriver on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Since 1990 I have bought 6 new Rangers and one used. Even though we don't really love the body styling, it's still better than anything else out there for our needs. All of our trucks have been very dependable, plenty peppy for their needs, they handle better than any other pickup we have driven, and at over 30 mpg on the 2002 with the 2.3 four cylinder, it's been a money saver. Excellent heater and air conditioner, smooth ride, seats really could be better, but over all a great choice.

Good Truck
By Freeman on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drove my Ranger from Denver To Alaska with no problem,it's comfortable with good handeling on the road, and no problems yet on the trails.