2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
It's a great truck
By Ray on 04/11/07 15:59 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge Plus 4dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck new in '02. I now have 140,000 miles on it. It still looks and drives like new. I have only had to do routine maintenance. It was in the shop 1 time for a sensor that went out of range and that was covered by the warranty. All I have had to do is keep the oil changed, brakes, and tires. It's the most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned.

I love this truck.
By steepndeep on 02/06/05 16:16 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge Plus 4dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This Ranger is a great vehicle. It shows that Ford has really stepped up their products since the 80's. I could have paid 1000's more for a less powerful but otherwise equal Toyota. But why would I? Good handling, quiet ride, plenty of power for towing and handling medium loads like jet skis and medium trailers with considerable weight. The only thing I don't like is that something in the interior rattles when I play a song with much base, but I just turn up the music a little and then I don't even hear it.

This is one bad truck
By TINY MARTIN on 01/14/05 15:02 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge Plus 4dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Man, I owned a 1988 Ranger XLT for 13 years and loved it. Decided to try another Ranger. Got me an Edge 4 dr and love it. It is one bad truck. Powerful engine, smooth ride and great look. I love the styling and the way it sits up. It turns heads and I have really fallen in love with it. The gas mileage is actually better than advertised. I would put this truck against a Toyota Prerunner any day for durability and styling.

My little blue truck
By Bob Hudson on 01/13/05 14:34 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge Plus 4dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far I have 34,000 miles on this one. Sharp looking truck. Love the styling and sturdy ride. Several issues have been addressed (under warranty, luckily). Fan belt idler pulley, drive shaft, power mirror switch, rear door problems to name a few. Fuel mileage is pretty decent. 18.50 city - 22 hwy. Overall I love my Ranger and intend to keep it for a very long time.

Gas Guage Drops Fast
By sgiersch on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge Plus 4dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

First of all, the truck is beautiful, and I still think it is one of the classiest looking trucks on the road. But when I first got it, I took it back to the dealer for a check because the fuel economy was about 1/2 what was advertised, and there was a noticably rough idle. The service manager put a fuel meter on it and we went for a ride. He claimed the fuel mileage was right on (19) and that the idle was normal. Three more trips back to the shop and I gave up. Other than the square tires, it has been pretty reliable. I would buy again as a second vehicle (would get one with better fuel economy for a first vehicle.

Unhappy
By Icarusavid on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge Plus 4dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck in Oct 2002 as I needed the extended cab. I also have a Chevy S10 reg. cab and realized it was not roomy enough for traveling. Quite frankly I wanted another Chevy but there were none to be found. I liked the looks of the Ranger Edge and how it sits up higher, but soon found out it was not all I thought it would be. The 3.0 V6 engine just doesn't seem peppy enough especially on the highway. The engine is noisy and the steering isn't as responsive as I'm used to.

love it
By AbyssmalPlain on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge Plus 4dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

i bought my ranger in late august. i got it with about $2,100 in options (hard bed cover w/ bed liner, 4.10 rear diff., sport seats, running boards, power everything). its awesome. im always at the beach with it i love it. i would highly recommend it to someone

The Little Truck That Could
By kevy002 on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge Plus 4dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck a month ago and use it everyday for work. I put a box cover on it and store all my eqipment and parts back there. The 4 doors help a huge amount when trying to get to things in the back of the cab. My first new truck, and it rocks!

Transmision Woes
By fujiman_nb on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge Plus 4dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm on my third, yes third transmission with this vehicle. I had approx. 1200 miles on it when the cap on the transmission cracked and leaked fluid. Ford replaced the whole transmission with a new one. 1000 miles later the same problem again. This time the dealer rebuilt the unit, $1624.00 in parts, and upgraded the cap. I should note that I was not the only one with this problem. Another truck came in the same day as I did with the original problem. They got the same fix and they were back within a week of my second repair for the samething. Gas mileage is poor poor. It is rated for 28 on the highway. I do nothing but highway driving and my average mileage is 20.4