Used 2002 Ford Ranger Edge SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Great For New Driver!
By Billy

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it for my sons first vehicle. It had 60,000 miles on it and I wanted a good dependable truck that would not cost a lot to drive and maintain. It gets around 19 mpg on the road. It has no rattles at all and drives like a new one. No problems at all. I wish they make more trucks like these.

Solid built!

Needs a little more power!

Happy trucker!
By happy trucker

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my truck for nearly four years, and have absolutly no complaints. This car is very reliable. Other than the regular maintenance, I have not had to put any more money into this car. I would recommend this car to everyone, especially new drivers. It makes an amazing first car.

I love the roominess. I am a tall person and feel very comfortable.

The only improvement I would suggest would to put a little more room for the seats in the back. It is big enough for young children, but uncomfortable for a grown person.

Ford Ranger
By Lyle

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very relaxing vehicle to drive. Payload is more than expected. Has plenty of power and good fuel mileage. A friend of mine drove it half way across the country and she has 3 herniated discs in her back and she did fine.If I was going to buy another pickup ,this is what I would purchase.

My favorite feature is the extended cab. If I bought this vehicle again, the only difference would be 4 doors.

Make a front wheel drive .

Great value, no frills truck
By bRIAN

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck in 2002 for a short distance commuter vehicle. I was looking for an inexpensive truck and the Ranger Edge fit the bill nicely. The truck has had no problems so far, is comfortable, reasonably powerful, and performs light duty hauling nicely. The interior is functional and makes no attempt toward luxury. It's a truck through and through. The A/C and heater perform very well, the transmission shifts smoothly, and the hydraulic clutch is like butter. The brakes are also very good, never showing signs of fading or warping rotors like many others do. After I replaced the stock tires with Michelins, the ride improved greatly as well. Overall, I am extremely pleased.

Rubber floor covering. Hydraulic clutch. ABS. Sliding rear window. Center console.

Improve engine management system for better driveability. Feels like less than 207 HP. If the 4.6l V8 fits in the Explorer, it will also fit in the Ranger. Better tires.

Ford Ranger Edge Ext Cab SC
By Ben Parker

The Ford Ranger Edge is the best
looking truck on the market, in my
opinion. It is very fun to drive. It is
a very fuel efficent truck and also I
really like the looks of the truck it
looks more manly then anything else it
is compared with. The Edge is also a
head turner. The Truck over all I give
an 8.0.

The interior and Exterior are splended. The 6 disc CD changer and also also the foglights. The extended cab gives you alot of room.

Needs to be more room in the back of the extended cab. Also the 3.0 need to have a little more power it is kinda weak.