Used 2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Good reliable truck for the money!
By Bill Slater

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very reliable truck I've owned 5 rangers in my lifetime when I grew up my family has owned them dad and grandfather My recent ranger I've owned for over 3 years 2002 4x4 fx4 great truck great in the snow 4x4 works awesome I get poor fuel economy 13 city lucky if I get 17 highway but no need to complain no 4x4 midsize truck will get good fuel economy I have 93000 miles on it besides brakes and replacing the shackle springs which my 93 ranger I had to replace common Problem on all rangers if I ranked my truck I'd give it a solid 9 out of 10

Don't buy
By mattm93

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT Appearance 4dr SuperCab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

nothing but problems with this truck, I am a fan of Ford still but this truck has its problems and is in the shop a lot so not so reliable

4.0 v6 power. Its 4x4 will get you through basically anything!

reliability

Love it
By sixatbat

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you are looking for a fast truck, the ranger is definitely not for you. I own an xlt 2wd 3.0 v6 super cab. Surprisingly, this truck has a lot of low end torque. I've pulled a 96 my buddy's 96 Buick Regal across 2 towns 3 times. I also pulled his Dodge Durango home as well. It can also haul 40 bags of mulch, no problem. After the timing belt was replaced, fuel milage was pretty good for a v6, around 22 MPG overall. I've had to replace a water pump, alternator, ball joints, battery, and a fuel filter. But it can do anything when called upon. Drove it to Alabama from NY and back and from NY to Virginia and back. Terrible in the snow, but for the money, its a good, reliable vehicle.

Simple to use radio and climate controls. Easy entry and exit.

Best compact truck ever!
By jermz17

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT Appearance 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck with almost 100K miles on it, It drives good and preforms good, I have a 2WD 4 door super cab and could not ask for more, in the winter it handles the snow well and in the summer it handles the asphalt better. It tow almost 6K worth of goods and gets up to speed when you want it too, the only problems I have ever had were the oil sender sensor and a valve spring breaking, other than that its the perfect compact pickup I have ever owned!

Seating, 4 door super cab, 50/50 jump seats, power, towing and handling.

none.

Great For New Driver!
By Billy

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it for my sons first vehicle. It had 60,000 miles on it and I wanted a good dependable truck that would not cost a lot to drive and maintain. It gets around 19 mpg on the road. It has no rattles at all and drives like a new one. No problems at all. I wish they make more trucks like these.

Solid built!

Needs a little more power!

• SUV