2002 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Excellent Choice
By Chris on 05/11/08 07:04 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Edge 2dr Regular Cab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2002 Ranger Edge to replace my 1999 Mustang because my wife and I needed the cargo space. I could not be more happy with the choice. I have spent a lot of time travelling with work and lived in Japan for 3 years, so the truck has very low mileage (just went over 25k). All I have had to do is change the oil, and purchase new battery/tires when I got back from Japan. It runs like a champion.

basically a good truck
By red rangerman on 09/02/05 21:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Edge 2dr Regular Cab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Acceleration is good but highway speed acceleration not so good, rear sliding window leaked and had to be replaced, 6 cd player isn't very good -- cd's get stuck inside and sometimes won't eject, been in shop twice for this and still does it, door ajar light comes on intermittently, is a beautiful color of red -- basically a good truck.

2002 Ranger Edge 2DR
By Jeff_N on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Edge 2dr Regular Cab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice looking truck - one problem I have noticed, and it is wilh all 2000 Ford vehiles. The outside weatherstripping around the windows has "mildew" growing in/on it - every single Ford I see of this age has this problem. I keep my vehicles immaculate, so I consider this to be a nuisance. The truck is fun to drive, and with an overdrive transmission gets pretty good fuel mileage. Plugs are easy to change, as is oil, filter and air filter. Some "squekiness" on start up - sounds like a belt slipping, but I can't figure out where the slip is. Biggest problem - OE tires are junk - Goodyear which develop knots in them just for fun, I guess. Ride is good.

GZ
By GZ on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Edge 2dr Regular Cab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very good small truck - and a really cool look. Sooo many people tell me how much they like my truck. Looks like a 4 W drive, fun to own

Basic Ford Ranger
By Shawn1985 on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Edge 2dr Regular Cab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Decent Vehicle, but have problem with vibrating in the wheels/steering wheel.

Reliable Truck.
By DJS2003 on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Edge 2dr Regular Cab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2001 Ranger in for my 2002 because I was going to be doing alot of driving and wanted an Auto Transmission. There are a few things that bug me about this truck it has the 3.0 V-6 if you step on the gas the engine rattles like crazy it sounds like it is going to throw a piston. The ride is horrible over any roads other than smooth highways. Has anyone else heard the racket from this engine in there truck? I can say however I haven't had any problems with the reliability though.

2003 Edge
By 151 on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Edge 2dr Regular Cab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck so far, but I have had it less than a week. Unknown gas millage, but it appears to be in the low 20s. Great power for a little 3.0, 5speed. The ride is great, and the looks sold me. Not a bad bargain considering the sticker was $17,700 and I paid $10,700 out the door with tax and title. Try to beat that deal when looking at the competition.

yep yep
By pawn_81 on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

its a great truck but option for the step bars and 4.0 liter v-6

Go Go Power Rangers
By Red Ranger on 03/02/02 16:38 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Edge 2dr Regular Cab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the edge because I needed the utility of a truck. I have been very pleased with the truck. It drives nice, on and off road, it hauls what I need, and gets me where I need to go---that's what a truck is for. It isn't fast with the 3.0 though, but it is enough.