2002 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Great For New Driver!
By Billy on 09/03/10 20:43 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger Edge 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it for my sons first vehicle. It had 60,000 miles on it and I wanted a good dependable truck that would not cost a lot to drive and maintain. It gets around 19 mpg on the road. It has no rattles at all and drives like a new one. No problems at all. I wish they make more trucks like these.

Happy trucker!
By happy trucker on 11/09/08 11:46 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger Edge 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my truck for nearly four years, and have absolutly no complaints. This car is very reliable. Other than the regular maintenance, I have not had to put any more money into this car. I would recommend this car to everyone, especially new drivers. It makes an amazing first car.

Ford Ranger
By Lyle on 07/15/07 13:51 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger Edge 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very relaxing vehicle to drive. Payload is more than expected. Has plenty of power and good fuel mileage. A friend of mine drove it half way across the country and she has 3 herniated discs in her back and she did fine.If I was going to buy another pickup ,this is what I would purchase.

Great value, no frills truck
By bRIAN on 08/02/05 16:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger Edge 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck in 2002 for a short distance commuter vehicle. I was looking for an inexpensive truck and the Ranger Edge fit the bill nicely. The truck has had no problems so far, is comfortable, reasonably powerful, and performs light duty hauling nicely. The interior is functional and makes no attempt toward luxury. It's a truck through and through. The A/C and heater perform very well, the transmission shifts smoothly, and the hydraulic clutch is like butter. The brakes are also very good, never showing signs of fading or warping rotors like many others do. After I replaced the stock tires with Michelins, the ride improved greatly as well. Overall, I am extremely pleased.

Ford Ranger Edge Ext Cab SC
By Ben Parker on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger Edge 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Ford Ranger Edge is the best looking truck on the market, in my opinion. It is very fun to drive. It is a very fuel efficent truck and also I really like the looks of the truck it looks more manly then anything else it is compared with. The Edge is also a head turner. The Truck over all I give an 8.0.

doing it
By black truck on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger Edge 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great little big truck, The body style is very nice makes for a sharp truck. The extra room is very nice.Very easy to drive and the bench seat is what a truck should have. The 3.0 does not have the getty up I like but to come and go its perfect. Milage on the open road was 23 mpg at 60 mph in town not sure. Highth of his truck is nice.

As Expected High Quality from Ford
By DZS on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger Edge 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck everything I've come to expect from ford, gives me the things I bought it for. Dependability - look to drive this truck many years beyond payoff,

2002 Ford Ranger Edge- 2 dr
By Pattie on 02/27/02 20:16 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger Edge 2dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Only had this truck 1 week and so far I love it. It's definitely has some get up and go, handles well on the road and is comfortable. Fun to drive. I especially like the height of the truck, it's almost like being in a full size truck. The truck handles well on the road but a little touchy when switching lanes at fast speed. You have quite a bit a room in the cab and with the extension. Not sure on the mileage yet as its only been 1 week.