2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews 9

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Don't Buy A Ford
By Hate my Ranger on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus 4WD Flareside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had alot of mechanical problems with this vehicle. The service department at the dealership has not done a single repair correctly the first time. I have contacted Ford customer service about this issue and I am not happy with the way I was treated. I would not recommend this product to anyone. If you want a small truck buy a Toyota.

This truck rocks
By JoeJoes on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

This truck is great, I looked around at Toyotas, Nissans, and GMCs. I found this a much more powerful truck than Nissians and GMCs, and it was cheaper than the Toyota. I love this truck.

This is the last one...
By 3rd Ranger on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well, this is my 3rd ranger... and my last. My first was a 93 XL short bed, flawless! In 1999 I turned it in for a new '99 ranger because it didn't have A/C. Turned it in at the end of the lease looking forward to the new 2001 with the big new 4.0. Enjoyed it for about a month, then the noises started. The front brakes began to squeal, the vibrations got worse, unsteady end erratic engine idle (from ~700rpm to ~2200rpm), constant knocking from the front axles, extremely poor gas milage (roughly 15mpg), spotty engine starting, manual transmission got loose and clunky very quickly.

Fixed or Repaired Daily
By killerspeed on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far I am on my 3rd set of tires in 30K miles. Bad egr, both window motors went bad, tranny bolts fell out, power steering leaking all over the place, now there is oil in the antifreeze-BAD HEAD!

Good Truck Overall
By loulicker on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB w/393A (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Good Truck Overall. My front end keeps going out of alignment and I do not go off road. My other cars are driven on the same roads and do not have problems. It irritates me. The gas mileage is poor. I like the 5 speed automatic transmission because it shifts into the power curve of the next gear and also runs right up to the red line when asked to do so. I did not get a limited slip and that was a huge mistake. Without it, I squeal tires off every stop.

Fun to drive
By PCSC on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge 2WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After driving a full sized pickup for years, the Edge is a lot more fun to drive! Fuel MPG with the 3.0 litre 6 is OK, but could be better. I'm averaging around 18 in the city.....20- 22 on the highway. Nice tight handling, in a sharp looking little truck! At times I find the 6 foot bed limiting. Modest towing capacity is another shortcoming.

Great truck
By John C on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

I leased a 2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 for three years. Problems I have had seem to be common according to the other reviews. The gas guage is inaccurate, the mileage could be better, the power windows have been worked on for the skipping and jumping problem while going down, and the drive shaft had to be replaced.It also had to have a sensor that runs the egr valve replaced. I still love the truck though. It does turn alot of heads. I have had it off-road twice and it performed flawlessly even when I thought I was pushing it over a little, and our northeast Ohio snow has proven to be no match for this truck.

Yippy
By Dadam Avis on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Within the first year, it's been in for 3 recalls, 2 check engine lights and I had to have the left front half shaft replaced and the front brake discs turned. I hate the 5 speed auto trans, it doesn't seem to know what to do with itself. This is my 3rd Ranger and although I prefer the TTB suspension,and even with the problems, this is still a good truck.

Ford missed a few things...
By jon renner on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

...Like lighted power window and door lock toggles, light for interior of console between seats, power adjustable lumbar seats, headliner console with compass/temp displays. Come on Ford... there are many of us outh here who actually want and use this stuff and will pay for it - just make it available. Also, the seats are not at all comfortable. I may sell this unit just because I spend so much time in these crappy seats.

ranger
By sex pot on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

this ranger is fun but it cut out at 92mph until i got a super chip