2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Ford Ranger 2001 Edge JRB
By drgn8slyr on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus 4WD Flareside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wonderful vechicle, never has given any trouble to speak of except just normal maintenance, would recommend this to anyone, would buy Ford or ranger again in a heart beat. Has exceeded or met all expetations I had hoped to get from this truck. You take care of it, it takes care of you.

EXCELLENT
By mnzagumny on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB w/393A (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love the power of a 4.0L . It gets up and goes!!

Nice truck needs better quality
By GPWEBMAN on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I originally was considering the Ranger or the Mustang GT, but after a brief drive in a 4x4 4-liter 5-speed the Mustang was no longer a choice. Good ride, pretty comfortable, decent power from the otherwise rough-sounding 4- liter V6 engine. The rear doors are a nice idea but after a couple of years they've started rattling over bumps and it's quite annoying now.

Almost exactly what I wanted
By the ba on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I like my 2001 Ranger, but here's what I'm getting in 2004: limited slip (very hard to make a quick turn into traffic in the rain without it), 4-doors (maybe I'm too old to be squeezing between the seat and body to get to stuff in the back), 4.0 liter (I want to go faster than 85 mph), bucket seats (the bench doesn't have enough support at the knee, but the buckets are adjustable), and aftermarket hard tonneau (helps fuel mileage/aerodynamics). Only warranty problem was transmission modulator - replaced and doing fine so far.

I love it
By biggin on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my ranger mine is a xlt with the 4.0 and 2WD but edmunds did not put a place for my ranger so i am putting it here. I've put 20,000 miles on mine so far and I have not had a single problem with it. I like fuel economy with the 3.55 rear end but it takes away from the towing and acceleration. I recently took it to Panama City and I got 26 mpg out of it. I comute about 25 miles to work everyday and i average about 20 mpg. I also recomend using z-max it gave me an extra 3 mpg.

OK - But No Brass Ring
By Johnny5 on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Exterior: looks cool, but not practical. Can't haul ATV or sheet of plywood. Next time I'm going for standard bed. Interior all gray ... very bland ... no frills. Functional but not sporty. Performance: 5-speed automatic acceleration OK in 1,2,3. Forget about it in 4th, and a dog in 5th. This is worst part: AT always shifting. Ford can't figure out what gear it wants to be in. They should offer a solid 4 speed auto and be done with it. Engine: No beans on the highway even when taking it out of overdrive. (5th) And the penalty is engine buzz due to higher RPM and gas mileage tanks. Getting 17 mpg highway / city & up to 19 mpg down hill with a wind.

FORD, Fix Or Repair Daily
By theaxeman on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Nothing special,not worth the high price.the drivers window was repaired and now works. but the mirror hasn't worked properly since day 1. The cd player quit about a month ago. brakes "grabby" when it rains. the rear sliding window has been leaking since the first time it was opened. It's a lease and I'm really glad to be giving it back. I'll even (reluctantly) pay the 400.00 for the 1/4" dent on the bumper. this was my 3rd new ford but each one was a little worse than the one before. The dealer service is NOT terrible its just not really great.Although I'm not wealthy I CAN afford to NOT BUY ANOTHER FORD.

Ford
By dsheets on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had great luck with my Ford Ranger. While it is not new. I have had 3 rangers This is the best one. I have wanted a ranger with a V6 before. My others have all had I4's. This vehicle is great. The one thing that I wish is that it would tow more than the 2200lbs that it is rated for. It seems a little low for such a powerful little truck.

bjwegde
By brian waller on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Plus 2WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

my edge has been great. i have had no problems, with any thing on it. i even upgraded the sound system with more powerful speakers and installed a bazooka amplifier bass tube and sounds great.

Pleasant Surprise
By HKB on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Leased vehicle new in 01, have 14K on it now. No service problems at all. Good dependable truck. Only complaint is highway driving 65-75mph can be a rough ride. Keep both hands on the steering wheel. When hitting rough pavement or taking a slight curve in the highway the truck with drift off and the back with start to fish tail. Highly recommend!