2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Love this truck!!
By on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first truck. I leased it in May 2001 for two years. What a great lease deal! I got every available option. The last two trips I took the 4 liter engine gave me 18 and a whopping 20 mpg!!! I have had very good experience with this vehicle. A slight vibration was resolved by the dealership with different tires. Other than that it has only been in for oil changes.

great ride
By jeffrey.j.walters on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB w/393A (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

good truck, good power from 4.0

GIVE RANGER THE EDGE
By Mr. T on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus 4WD Flareside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 extended cab is the first brand new vehicle I've ever bought. The Edge styling along with the 4x4 stance gives it a lean, aggressive look, combined with the jet-black paint, although hard to keep clean, just can't be beat! The 4.0 V-6 has super pick-up and acceleration, and the 5-speed auto shifts smoothly. Off- roading is also a blast!

Fun to Drive On Road or Off Road
By Kona on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a fun truck to drive, gas mileage could be better but it is a 4 wheel drive. I have had a few warranty issues but Ford has fixed all, windows vibrate going down has been the biggest problem. But other than that it has and is a fun ride.

problem child
By eric dahl on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

i dont like the 2001 ranger because i cant keep it out of the shop as soon as i get it back something else goes wrong with it i might just have a lemon but for any one looking its very quick for a compact truck and you gotta love the styling

Ford ranger all the way
By Mathew Humphrey on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge 2WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have added a dual exhaust system and a K&N air filter and it has made a great truck even better. Wouldnt trade it for the world.

2001 Edge 4WD 4DR.
By jb3 on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

i have the 4.o liter auto. with a gear ratio in the rear end for towing. this is a great combo. Great power and get up and go. Interior is very well thought out and fits my 6'-3'' frame very well with room to spare.

2.3L Duratec Ranger a Winner
By wecole on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new and it has been a great commuter vehicle. The 2.3L Duratec is a super little motor. Plenty of pep and great milage to boot. No problem towing the Jon Boat on the weekends. Excellent braking with 4W ABS. I am very happy with this economical, fun to drive truck.

Love my Edge
By Joe Johnson on 03/15/02 19:58 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Plus 2WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've enjoyed my Edge as much as any vehicle I've ever owned. Most of my driving is highway so I am getting 20 to 20 MPG highway and around 19 MPG combination. Although I dis not want to, I recently replaced the original equipment Firestones with the replacement Michelins. The ride is as different as black and white. Much improved, but I do not take it off road.

2001 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab -4.0
By Cory on 02/10/02 20:15 PM (PST)

I am very pleased with my the Ranger. Ford did a great job with the design of the truck in regards to the interior and exterior. I would give the truck a B+ to A- if grades were allowed. If you are looking for a dependable small truck, I would definately recommend the 2001 Ford Ranger.