Used 2001 Ford Ranger Edge SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Ford Ranger Pickup 2001
By Xavier

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge 2WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Ranger new in July 01 and have enjoyed putting 125k on it. some of the repairs I incured were a broken valve stem, transmition work 2X, broken drive shaft parts 2X, front ball goint, 2 batterys. As of now I have replaced the lights in the dash and repainted the grille to its original dark black color. I don't know what to do with my seet, Over time the arm rest broke and the fabric is cracking and terring, dispite the problems the engine runs very smooth and the AC is bitter cold on hot Texas summer days. I am so happy with the styling, I never get tyerd of looking at it. The paint is shiny amd their are no cracks in the rubber or plastic.

Favorite Features

Style and AC

Suggested Improvements

Use better quality fabric and tuffen up the arm rest.

Red Power Ranger
By Fred

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge 2WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My Red Power Ranger Edge is a trip! I added a carpet bedliner, camper shell, and step bars. Although it could use a bit more power, it never lags on the I95 raceway. Best addition, engine wise, was a K&N air filter (which I also use on my 95 Ranger and motorcycle). I have no major problems and would buy another Ranger.

Favorite Features

That Edge styling!

Suggested Improvements

Better seats, more power (how about a V-8? There's enough room for one.) And, even though it's a flex-fuel, there has never been an E85 fill up because there's no E85 anywhere near.

Superb Vehicle
By Mike Hughes

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge 2WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Absolutely stellar. This was the first vehicle I have ever purchased new and it did not disappoint. I owned it for 3 years, only needed a tensioner replaced. Runs perfect and shows no sign of stopping. People knock the Ranger for its 'outdated style' but I could not disagree more, I believe it has the look of a real pickup with the most important 'modern improvements' (i.e. engine, transmission, interior, electronics etc.). In fact I am trading mine in for a new 2005 Ranger soon.

Favorite Features

Pretty much everything.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension in the 4x2 rides real rough, engine power on the 3.0L V6. The seats stink for long drives (3+ hours).

Best truck i have ever owned
By Bridgerat04

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge 2WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought this truck and it is just a fun but very reliable pickup. It lives up to it's name Ford Ranger.

Favorite Features

The Motor. The 4.0 is the best motor for that pickup. It has moderate towing power but it is built for the capabilities of the pickup.

Suggested Improvements

It is a perfect truck all around. i wouldnt change anything on it

Fun to drive
By PCSC

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge 2WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After driving a full sized pickup for years, the Edge is a lot more fun to drive! Fuel MPG with the 3.0 litre 6 is OK, but could be better. I'm averaging around 18 in the city.....20- 22 on the highway. Nice tight handling, in a sharp looking little truck! At times I find the 6 foot bed limiting. Modest towing capacity is another shortcoming.

Favorite Features

Looks!

Suggested Improvements

Longer bed on extended cab. Higher towing capacity.