2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Ford Ranger Pickup 2001
By Xavier on 05/23/08 18:02 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge 2WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Ranger new in July 01 and have enjoyed putting 125k on it. some of the repairs I incured were a broken valve stem, transmition work 2X, broken drive shaft parts 2X, front ball goint, 2 batterys. As of now I have replaced the lights in the dash and repainted the grille to its original dark black color. I don't know what to do with my seet, Over time the arm rest broke and the fabric is cracking and terring, dispite the problems the engine runs very smooth and the AC is bitter cold on hot Texas summer days. I am so happy with the styling, I never get tyerd of looking at it. The paint is shiny amd their are no cracks in the rubber or plastic.

Red Power Ranger
By Fred on 05/30/06 13:53 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge 2WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My Red Power Ranger Edge is a trip! I added a carpet bedliner, camper shell, and step bars. Although it could use a bit more power, it never lags on the I95 raceway. Best addition, engine wise, was a K&N air filter (which I also use on my 95 Ranger and motorcycle). I have no major problems and would buy another Ranger.

Superb Vehicle
By Mike Hughes on 06/10/05 00:32 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge 2WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Absolutely stellar. This was the first vehicle I have ever purchased new and it did not disappoint. I owned it for 3 years, only needed a tensioner replaced. Runs perfect and shows no sign of stopping. People knock the Ranger for its 'outdated style' but I could not disagree more, I believe it has the look of a real pickup with the most important 'modern improvements' (i.e. engine, transmission, interior, electronics etc.). In fact I am trading mine in for a new 2005 Ranger soon.

Best truck i have ever owned
By Bridgerat04 on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge 2WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought this truck and it is just a fun but very reliable pickup. It lives up to it's name Ford Ranger.

Fun to drive
By PCSC on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge 2WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After driving a full sized pickup for years, the Edge is a lot more fun to drive! Fuel MPG with the 3.0 litre 6 is OK, but could be better. I'm averaging around 18 in the city.....20- 22 on the highway. Nice tight handling, in a sharp looking little truck! At times I find the 6 foot bed limiting. Modest towing capacity is another shortcoming.

Ford ranger all the way
By Mathew Humphrey on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge 2WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have added a dual exhaust system and a K&N air filter and it has made a great truck even better. Wouldnt trade it for the world.