2000 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: All around good truck

2000 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

All around good truck
By KaiserM715 on

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck new and have really enjoyed it. I have not had to make any repairs other than routine maintenance (truck has about 61k miles). I have used it for off-roading trail riding frequently and it has performed well, going any place a stock Wrangler can go. I have hauled over 1000 lbs in the bed with good results (went 65mph and got 20mpg!). The seats are comfortable for long trips and the interior has held up very well (seats still look new). The jump seats are not really good for much, however. 4.0L fuel economy could be better (avg 14-15mpg city and 18-20mpg hwy).

-4 doors! After having this, I will never get another extended cab without them. -Fun to drive. I always look forward to driving my truck. -A cinch to work on (fluid changes, brake pads, etc.).

-Jump seats are useless for anything other than very short trips. Covered by the new Ranger FX4 Level II. -More engine power and better fuel economy (addressed by 4.0L SOHC). -Better limited slip (addressed by Thorsen limited slip).