2000 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews 8

2000 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Keeps Runnin'!
By WillRun4Food on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

As I get ready to trade in my Ranger, I have to leave feedback. What a great truck...I drive quite a bit, and have had nothing but good luck with this Ranger...my 2nd. I have needed no repairs, other than oil changes and a tire recall...dealership even told me I had over 50% of my brakes left! Would recommend this truck to anyone!

2000 Ford Ranger 4Door Extended Cab 4x4
By warriorman on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Would recommed this truck for thoses divers who do not want a big bulky truck this truck rides likes a compact car does!

2000 Ranger XLT Excab
By libsdad on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

No major faults, has been very reliable

1st day and love it!
By ranger_newbie on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I haven't owned this truck for 24 hours yet and I already know I'll form a strong bond with it. The 2.5L 4-cyl isn't the world's strongest engine, but with the 5-sp manual it has plenty of around town pep. Good ergonomics, amazing legroom for my 6'6" body and a decent radio. Tight but forgiving ride on sport suspension. It's pretty much a base model, but the XLT wheels and the slightly higher ride height make it look good. I hope I can report back here with more good news once I have more time with it.

My Reliable Ranger
By Lincoln03 on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have owned this rig for 38 months. Have only done oil changes and a set of wiper blades. Has never been back to the dealer for anything.

2000 Ranger
By stevem on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Truck has performed pretty well overall- -the interior and exterior have held up well. It could be a little more responsive while merging--even with the V6 pickup is a bit sluggish.

Performance +
By Ranger Fan on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

Second Ranger, first qwas a 1997, served me well. But the 2000 has more spunk, bigger tires, handles like a bigger truck. Well satisfied with quality, Ride and looks.

``
By jah117 on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

`` this is a pretty good truck, not much else to say. It does it's job just fine.

Great truck, will buy another one
By good truck on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I had no problems with this truck after three years and 52,000 miles. Loved the four doors. My husband accidentally rolled it 1 1/4 times in the snow, (truck was totalled) and he had only a few cuts on his hands and sore muscles. He wants one with a bigger engine, but I saw nothing I would change on this truck, except maybe better gas mileage. It pulled a trailer fine. We are looking for another one just like it!

2000 ranger sport
By tim11324 on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This vehicle has been perfect from day one. Very low maintence, and will perform any hauling function needed around the house.