2000 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
2000 Ford Ranger 4Door Extended Cab 4x4
By warriorman on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Would recommed this truck for thoses divers who do not want a big bulky truck this truck rides likes a compact car does!

2000 Ranger XLT Excab
By libsdad on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

No major faults, has been very reliable

1st day and love it!
By ranger_newbie on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I haven't owned this truck for 24 hours yet and I already know I'll form a strong bond with it. The 2.5L 4-cyl isn't the world's strongest engine, but with the 5-sp manual it has plenty of around town pep. Good ergonomics, amazing legroom for my 6'6" body and a decent radio. Tight but forgiving ride on sport suspension. It's pretty much a base model, but the XLT wheels and the slightly higher ride height make it look good. I hope I can report back here with more good news once I have more time with it.

My Reliable Ranger
By Lincoln03 on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have owned this rig for 38 months. Have only done oil changes and a set of wiper blades. Has never been back to the dealer for anything.

2000 Ranger
By stevem on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Truck has performed pretty well overall- -the interior and exterior have held up well. It could be a little more responsive while merging--even with the V6 pickup is a bit sluggish.

Performance +
By Ranger Fan on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

Second Ranger, first qwas a 1997, served me well. But the 2000 has more spunk, bigger tires, handles like a bigger truck. Well satisfied with quality, Ride and looks.

``
By jah117 on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

`` this is a pretty good truck, not much else to say. It does it's job just fine.

Great truck, will buy another one
By good truck on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I had no problems with this truck after three years and 52,000 miles. Loved the four doors. My husband accidentally rolled it 1 1/4 times in the snow, (truck was totalled) and he had only a few cuts on his hands and sore muscles. He wants one with a bigger engine, but I saw nothing I would change on this truck, except maybe better gas mileage. It pulled a trailer fine. We are looking for another one just like it!

2000 ranger sport
By tim11324 on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This vehicle has been perfect from day one. Very low maintence, and will perform any hauling function needed around the house.

2000 Ranger XL Sport
By ctcoogan on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had a wonderful experience with my Ford Ranger. In my nearly 3 years of ownership I have only needed a fuel pump replaced, which was covered under the warrenty. This truck gets decent fuel economy too. I would highly recommend this vehicle for anyone who needs a basic truck to do just about any non-commercial task you throw at it.