2000 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews 7

2000 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
stuck everywhere
By peter G. on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This "truck" come stock with a +2" lift and 16" wheels with big tires,but no matter where I go Its stuck! Little snow on the road? forget it. Pull off the road? huh! problems include, door pin sensor, the dome light hasnt shut off in 3 years even after sevice,Serive engine light comes on every other fill up,Ball joint ,brakes,tires quit running one day last year in the rain took two weeks to fix,rear "anti" locks,lock up if the roads are wet,emergency brake locks if truck sits for more than a day,drive shaft and u joints replaced at 30k tranny slips at begining of every gear,front stabilizer and bushings replaced at 26k

Thinigs to keep in mind.
By Donna Grimes on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Rides rough, but it`s a truck. Most problems covered by extended warranty. Transmission wouldn`t shift properly, anti-knock box had to be replaced and gear shift lever was to move into gears and turn signal was replaced. All this before 40,000 miles.No power windows or locks, SPORT model has 3.0 liter engine, with air conditioning on between 200 and 250 miles on a tank of gas.

Scrap yard material
By DOsborn on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I purchased the vehicle about a year and a half ago and have had nothing but problems with it. I have had ABS brake issues, fuel sensor problems, transmission problems,oil pressure sensing problems, rust problems, and more stuff that would take too long to mention. The reliability of this auto is terrible and it's plague with numerous technical service bullitens and recalls. You would think that a vehicle who's design has remained unchanged for the last 10 years would have all of the bugs worked out of it. If you are looking for a good truck, don't look to Ford.

Good truck for the $$$
By cookees on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Bought this truck new in 2000. Put on an aftermarket cruise control.(works great). Have the 3.0 liter V-6 with automatic transmission. Outfitted with chrome wheels and a tonneau cover, I actually get some very favorable comments on its appearance. I tow a small ski boat and it seems up to the job. All and all I'm pleased with this truck.

FUN HANDY LITTLE TRUCK
By Roy Wagelein on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

BOUGHT MY TRUCK NEW IN 2000. LAST FOUR DOOR IN ARIZONA AND I WAS NOT TO PLEASED WITH THE COLOR THEN. RED. PAINT JOB IS GREAT AS ARE ALL EXTERIOR FITS. MOTOR COULD USE SOME MORE JUICE, BUT JUST FINE FOR DRIVING UP TO PRESCOTT OR PAYSON AND FLAGSTAFF. TOWING IS A LITTLE SLOW GOING UP STEEP GRADES. SO IT TAKES 5 MINUTES LONGER TO GET WHERE YOUR GOING. NOT ONE PROBLEM YET. IT IS MAINTAINED EVERY THREE MONTHS. THAT'S REALLY ALL I CAN SAY NEGATIVELY ABOUT THE TRUCK. POWER AND MILEAGE. I COULD HAVE GOTTEN THE 4.0 LITER, IF THERE WAS ONE IN FLEET SALES.

2000 Ranger 4x4 Ext Cab
By ABC3RO on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I communte about 25000 miles a year. On weekends this vehicle is used for hunting and towing quads & a popup trailor. As a commuter I get about 17mpg at 70 mph. I was expecting better. I had a 1999 F-150 4.6lt that got the same or better mpg. I have had some problems with the clutch while towing. This passed weekend it slipped on a mild incline with my quads in tow.

Get'n around
By Bill V. on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Since purchasing my Ranger used, with only 27k miles, I have been very pleased. The basic transportation and ability to haul bulky items is a plus. I am 6ft.5ins., 255lbs; and find I have plenty of head and leg room. I find the truck fun to drive; my dog loves it!

I bought a 5 year headache!!!
By Sabastian on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I bought my truck in 2001,I had it a week and noticed some problems, my seats kept popping of the track so they had to replace the tracks,then I noticed a noise under the truck so I took it back and they told me nothing was wrong.Well the truck needed new upper and lower ball joints,and bushings.1 month later I had the truck back in to replace the brake springs in the rear,and both rear shocks.2 months later I had the truck back in to replace the upper and lower control arm. Now I am having problems with my power windows. I had this truck in the shop 12 times in 4 months.

Great Truck!
By kwebsurfer2000 on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is a great small truck. It was used when I got it and it is still running strong. It has just enough power to pull a small trailer if needed. It also gets good fuel mileage! I would recommend it for anyone looking for a small truck that gets good gas mileage and runs great!

not reliable car
By bad car on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

this car is 4 years old and is tearing apart inside.