2000 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews 6

2000 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
After 150,000 miles - Still runs like new
By Justin on 02/09/05 22:39 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Bought this little truck brand mew, and after 150,000 miles it still runs like new. Everything original, even the clutch, and I pull a 2300 lb boat every summer, and that's with the small 2.5l 4 cylinder. Small, but extremly reliable. Grade~ A++++.

most reliable truck ever
By rnttheriot on 01/28/05 23:43 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck just does not fail to impress. It is the most reliable truck I have ever owned. It has never been in a shop. Regular maintenance I do myself, change oil every 4000 miles, add oil treatment and fuel treatment at every oil change. This truck made me a true believer in Fords, since I owned Chevy and Dodge previously.

Garbage
By Peter on 01/27/05 08:13 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

My first Ford Ranger I got 247,000 miles out of it with out a problem. The only expense was a transmission oil leak. When it was time for a new one I bought another Ranger. The worst mistake of my life! The truck had a valve problem from day one. The dealer said they did not see it? The transmission went at 73,000 miles (band 2). The engine died at 82,000 miles. Yes, I know how to take car of a vehicle. I taught automotives for 10 years and have been a shop/technology teacher for 19 years. Stay away from this truck!

mine
By 56 on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

this was and is a beautifull car. if i had enough money to buy any car id want it would only be a brand new ford ranger. I love fords and the ranger is deffinently my favorite of the fords. thank you very much

awesome truck
By rhthunder on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

i love this truck

2000 Ranger XLT SC 2dr 2wd
By stadanko on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

My truck handles good for a truck, more like a car. I like the styling of the body without pinstriping or door trim. Gas milage is decent for a truck. The truck is generally fun to drive. I have had no major problems mechanically or otherwise to date.

My third Ranger
By salty on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is a great truck. I wish the 3.0L had the power of some other 3.0L's have, 158hp is low. Mileage is a steady 19 - 21 Average with Automatic. Great sound system, CD with Radio. Tranmission does shift poorly under a light load, OK under a heavy load. Thin gauge step bumper, much thinner than my 92 was.

No less then expected
By Danos on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Been a Ford owner my whole life and didnt expect the truck to be awesoem, but it has been good to me thus far. Had it for over a year now and only had one major repair at 56k. The trans went on me and I had it replaced, but I must admit that it was foul play and my own fault. I get between 16-18mpg city with the 4.0 and 5 speed auto with the 4wd 4dr offroad pkg. My hwy mileage has been as high as 23mpg but its normally around 21mpg. Its an all out good truck, great offroad and in the snow w/ 4wd.

Fun to Drive
By ckline on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I only owned this truck for a few short months. But right away the truck proved itself to myself and my wife. I was hit broadside by a Honda which resulted in a rollover. I sustained only a broken arm because it hit the curb. The passenger cabin fared a lot better than I would have expected in this type of accident. Had my young son been in the truck with me, I am certain he would have had almost no injuries. Certainly a tribute to Ford engineers. I will definitely buy another.

red toy on rampage
By red toy on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck does everything I need it to do. I have hauled other trucks (lol) and boats, camping gear, never has a problem. The bed is a little smaller than my last truck, but fits almost everything. I like the pep, and drive it pretty hard. The color is great, and I like being so high above the other cars. I have had trouble with the tires and oil pressure sensor though.