2000 Ford Ranger Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Get'n around
By Bill V. on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Since purchasing my Ranger used, with only 27k miles, I have been very pleased. The basic transportation and ability to haul bulky items is a plus. I am 6ft.5ins., 255lbs; and find I have plenty of head and leg room. I find the truck fun to drive; my dog loves it!

I bought a 5 year headache!!!
By Sabastian on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I bought my truck in 2001,I had it a week and noticed some problems, my seats kept popping of the track so they had to replace the tracks,then I noticed a noise under the truck so I took it back and they told me nothing was wrong.Well the truck needed new upper and lower ball joints,and bushings.1 month later I had the truck back in to replace the brake springs in the rear,and both rear shocks.2 months later I had the truck back in to replace the upper and lower control arm. Now I am having problems with my power windows. I had this truck in the shop 12 times in 4 months.

Great Truck!
By kwebsurfer2000 on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is a great small truck. It was used when I got it and it is still running strong. It has just enough power to pull a small trailer if needed. It also gets good fuel mileage! I would recommend it for anyone looking for a small truck that gets good gas mileage and runs great!

not reliable car
By bad car on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

this car is 4 years old and is tearing apart inside.

Keeps Runnin'!
By WillRun4Food on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

As I get ready to trade in my Ranger, I have to leave feedback. What a great truck...I drive quite a bit, and have had nothing but good luck with this Ranger...my 2nd. I have needed no repairs, other than oil changes and a tire recall...dealership even told me I had over 50% of my brakes left! Would recommend this truck to anyone!

2000 Ford Ranger 4Door Extended Cab 4x4
By warriorman on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Would recommed this truck for thoses divers who do not want a big bulky truck this truck rides likes a compact car does!

2000 Ranger XLT Excab
By libsdad on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

No major faults, has been very reliable

My Reliable Ranger
By Lincoln03 on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have owned this rig for 38 months. Have only done oil changes and a set of wiper blades. Has never been back to the dealer for anything.

2000 Ranger
By stevem on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Truck has performed pretty well overall- -the interior and exterior have held up well. It could be a little more responsive while merging--even with the V6 pickup is a bit sluggish.

``
By jah117 on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

`` this is a pretty good truck, not much else to say. It does it's job just fine.