Used 2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Ford, some mods and keep going.
By Dragon Fly

2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I brought it on 2000 no major repairs, just regular maintenance and every 60k miles timing belt service and plugs. They are not fuel savers but extremely good machines. Imagine 6 years running on nitrous once a week without breaking anything.

Low maintenance.

In my case I lower it and it improves my corner handling, but remember it got a little stiffer.

Love It!
By rgattic

2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought is two years ago and so far so good! I get about 26 MPG (mostly highway miles on the 2.5L engine). I also use often for home improvement. I built a deck with it and have carried some heavy loads for my landscaping and the truck is holding up great!

Love the A/C in the summer time (it cools very fast). I am very surprised and impressed with the MPGs-26! This is a reliable truck.

Needs styling updates.

First truck and lovin it!
By richardheppner

2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is my first pickup and I've enjoyed it. I have a 2000 that I picked up from the inlaws for little to nothing. It only had 30,000 miles and was hardly driven for a couple of years. So I got what I considered a super deal, and a great truck like brand new. I've had nothing but just a serpintine belt go bad and replaced. Super reliable!

I love the look and the cool drive. I love the cdplayer too. I don't have power windows, but they roll down super easy, just takes a small effort. I also love the color, a reddish maroon, I found a cool A.R.E. topper, and I'm set.

Probably the check engine light which will hopefully go off when I get it fixed. Hasn't caused any problems that I noticed.

Trusty Ranger
By Mattalicious

2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have never had any major issue with this pick-up and it has met or exceeded my needs all the time. Drove it from east Texas to Colorado and back and never had an issue (except me driving in the snow!). Would have preferred a V6 for more horsepower, but for my basic uses and the gas prices lately I am happy with my 4 cylinder engine. Road noise isn't the best but with a good CD playing, the sound system can drown it out pretty well. I will always prefer to drive around in my Ranger than any other vehicle (including full-size trucks and any car) just for comfort. Easy to drive because it isn't too big, but it is able to do light-duty hauling and other work.

Comfort of driving and visibility.

A little more chrome. Mandatory V6 for horsepower

Great truck!
By good_truck

2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had this truck since new, and abused it a lot. I almost never change the oil (about every 7-8,000 miles), and have done NO other maintenance on it. Brakes lasted over 100,000 miles, clutch is still good, engine runs like a top. The 2.5 is really a strong, bulletproof engine. I have really been impressed with the truck. It's not nice (Sport model with vinyl floorboards - the only option I have is A/C), but great basic transportation. Good thing I like the truck, because I don't think I could kill it if I wanted to!

Bulletproof engine always runs great, even without performing any maintenance.

Not any really.