Used 2000 Ford Ranger XL Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

a good working truck...
By riva40

2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had this truck since 2004 and never had any problems. its good on gas and the ride is quite comfortable, highly recommended!

Love It!
By rgattic

2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought is two years ago and so far so good! I get about 26 MPG (mostly highway miles on the 2.5L engine). I also use often for home improvement. I built a deck with it and have carried some heavy loads for my landscaping and the truck is holding up great!

Favorite Features

Love the A/C in the summer time (it cools very fast). I am very surprised and impressed with the MPGs-26! This is a reliable truck.

Suggested Improvements

Needs styling updates.

I like my Truck.
By Rich

2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my 2000 Ford Ranger brand new. I currently have 139,000 miles on it. I have always changed my oil before I hit the 3000 mile mark. I have not any major problems. I tuned it it myself at 100,000 miles. I have had the cooling system flushed 2 times and the transmission flush 2 times as well. This is just maintenance items that I personally like to take care of. My front brakes lasted well over 100,000 miles and the rear drum brakes I changed at 105,000 miles. It is a great truck. I wash my engine every 2 months at the car wash (I cover the electric parts and so forth of course). My paint still looks nice, shiny and clean. Next time I will get the 4x4 for winter driving.

Favorite Features

The reliability of the engine and components.

Suggested Improvements

None really. As long as you take care of it, change the oil etc. and stick to the recommended maintenance schedule it will last!

mine
By 56

2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

this was and is a beautifull car. if i had enough money to buy any car id want it would only be a brand new ford ranger. I love fords and the ranger is deffinently my favorite of the fords. thank you very much

1st day and love it!
By ranger_newbie

2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I haven't owned this truck for 24 hours yet and I already know I'll form a strong bond with it. The 2.5L 4-cyl isn't the world's strongest engine, but with the 5-sp manual it has plenty of around town pep. Good ergonomics, amazing legroom for my 6'6" body and a decent radio. Tight but forgiving ride on sport suspension. It's pretty much a base model, but the XLT wheels and the slightly higher ride height make it look good. I hope I can report back here with more good news once I have more time with it.

Favorite Features

Ride, decent stereo, perceived quality, room

Suggested Improvements

Quieter engine, make armrest standard, stop dealerships from putting Armour All on the vinyl flooring